Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Page rank: 6 :)

Thumbs up Google Page rank: 6 :)

I just shecked my Blog stats and found out that I now get much more traffic from google, I now get almost 40 % of my traffic from google, compared to just 1-5 % a month ago...

The site got a Google Page Rank of 6, compared to 2 a month ago.

I have not done any SEO on this site, just written som articles and submittet du norwegian digg-clones...

And I don't even have a 'real' domain for it, I do have http://fredarn.com - which redirects to web.mac.com/fredarn/iWeb/Fredarn.com/ (where the site is)

And both of this sites have Pagerank 6 (!)

I love this, but can anyone tell my why this is? Pagerank 6 is, well, kind of good - isn't it?

And when it comes to a lot of the SEO that I would like to do, i can't do it! I use a program caller 'iWeb', which comes with every mac, and it's really just a noobie program - and there is really not much that I can do...

I'm thinking of moving the hole site to fredarn.com , which would give me more flexibility, and maby even start using WordPress instead of 'iWeb' - but that will take a lot of work, and I would loose all the articles that I havee written, unless i copy them all over to the WP-site, off course... (again; a lot of work)

What do you guys think about this? Is it fine as it is or should my move the site to fredarn.com and maby even start using WP istead of iWeb.. ?

Sheck out the site, which is a Norwegian blog, here.

Where do you get that your site is a PR6?

PR2 on my toolbar.

Gimme Fries with that!
    pagerank ive never cared much about. The pagerank I get for your site is also 2. i am not an SEO at all, but my thing is this. I actually dont want all my traffic coming from google or a search engine. I rather my traffic be primarily referrals or direct request. That way I know the traffic will stay steady unless I SCREW something up, not because a search engine updates.

So far I have had good success with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    I actually dont want all my traffic coming from google or a search engine.
    You're missing out then

4x4
    PR2 for me too, sorry.

On my Page Rank Toolbar add on for FireFox I just get a "N/A" for your page rank. I checked a few pages with it and it's either "0" or "N/A".

Gimme Fries with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by ZigE View Post
    You're missing out then

backup your statement. Its easy to criticize me but how about backing up what your saying. Be clear I get a large chunk of google and yahoo traffic but it is not my only source of traffic or my main source. IF missing out is being able to maintain steady traffic then yep I am missing out without being dependant on google then.

Whever you got a 6 from is probably just guessing based off your mac.com domain position.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

my pr0 site launch for 3 days, but get 1000 unique visiters from google search daily.
    My another pr 5 site launch for 1 year. only 10 visiters form google daily.
    What you think?
    I don't care PR.
    Last edited by organ; 07-08-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    backup your statement. Its easy to criticize me but how about backing up what your saying. Be clear I get a large chunk of google and yahoo traffic but it is not my only source of traffic or my main source. IF missing out is being able to maintain steady traffic then yep I am missing out without being dependant on google then.
    Sorry I miss interpreted your post, yes you're right, its good to have a variation of traffic sources

Quote Originally Posted by organ View Post
    my pr0 site launch for 3 days, but get 1000 unique visiters from google search daily.
    What you think?
    I don't care PR.

I'm very curious as to how your site was three days old and already getting 1000 unique visitors from google? I don't even know if google had indexed my site within three days, let alone 1000 unique visitors from it.

Not saying I don't believe you here, just want to learn

Quote Originally Posted by deronsizemore View Post
    I'm very curious as to how your site was three days old and already getting 1000 unique visitors from google? I don't even know if google had indexed my site within three days, let alone 1000 unique visitors from it.

Not saying I don't believe you here, just want to learn
    It's very easy. First I will thank digg, Google index my page for only 8 hour and always #1
    another important fact is a good nicher.
    The site is a tv show. I always update new topic which other websites haven't publish within 1-3 days, but people search it.
    So I get 1000 unique visitors daily.
    Last edited by organ; 07-15-2007 at 07:10 PM.

Banned
    very interesting to get 1000 vistors in 1 - 3 days.

It is possible if you get stumbledupon

hey for me here your page rank is 1 and seems you have a nice Alexa ranking of 842.... thats a good hit... I personally give more importance to alexa ranking then page ranking coz I feel alexa ranking gives us a better idea about the traffic coming in... page rank is something m trying hard to understand but i really don't understand what google looks for while position our website on the PR graph... so don't worry and chill... with this kind of alexa ranking m sure u must be getting a good traffic to your site...

Good Luck !!!
    www.TaskBin.com
    Group Tasks Management Tool

Quote Originally Posted by organ View Post
    What you think?
    I don't care PR.
    1000 Unique visitors in 3 days.... I need your help
    www.TaskBin.com
    Group Tasks Management Tool