Thread: Cheap Dedicated Servers?

Registered

Cheap Dedicated Servers?

So whats the cheapest dedicated servers you know off?

I'm looking for:

1GB RAM (Min)
    80GB Hard Drive
    Some for of Cpanel included in price
    Atleast 1,500 GB of Bandwidth

PHP, MySQL, 5 IP Addresses, Cheap script installation (I need the ff-mpeg extension for PHP and Flash Media Server installed for cheap!)

I'm going to make a site (UrbaReel.com) Where you upload videos... so I need those scripts to be installed and since money is an issue for me at the moment, I need everything for as cheap as possible.

I cheapest I can find is Hostgator for $140 a month for the server and then $75 per script installed.

If someone can find a dedicated server for cheaper I'd be greatful XD

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    That depends. Are you capable of running an unmanaged dedicated server by yourself (or know someone who can for you in exchange for a set number of beers each month)? Also, would you mind the server being located in Canada?
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ZadoAsh View Post
    I cheapest I can find is Hostgator for $140 a month for the server and then $75 per script installed.

We actually have FOUR dedicated servers that include CPANEL/WHM under that price. I would suggest havign us install fantastico as well.

http://www.webcs.com/help/dedicated.html

As far as any script installation, please contact us with the specific scripts and we will go over them. Some we can install free, some fantastico will do, some would be $39 per manhour. Take care.
    WEBster Computing Services - webcs.com
    Linux and Windows shared hosting | DEDICATED server hosting
    One of the oldest hosts on the planet
    Since 1996............just ask us

Registered
    I have no preference to where the servers are hosted. But, I'm not looking for unmanaged servers. As I don't have the slightest idea of how to manage one myself :P

Registered
    Update:

I've found it!

GoDaddy.com

£40 a month! It only has 512MB RAM but that still satisfying! and bandwidth isn't an issue currently. By the time I'm using all 500GB of it I will have enough to upgrade to a better server with more

Thanks for everyone's suggestions though! Much appreciated.

SHOGUN
    Quote Originally Posted by ZadoAsh View Post
    So whats the cheapest dedicated servers you know off?

I'm looking for:

1GB RAM (Min)
    80GB Hard Drive
    Some for of Cpanel included in price
    Atleast 1,500 GB of Bandwidth

PHP, MySQL, 5 IP Addresses, Cheap script installation (I need the ff-mpeg extension for PHP and Flash Media Server installed for cheap!)

I'm going to make a site (UrbaReel.com) Where you upload videos... so I need those scripts to be installed and since money is an issue for me at the moment, I need everything for as cheap as possible.

If you're going to step into the "YouTube" like market of websites you I gotta let you know, you should probably be budget-less. You'll probably get it up and running at an affordable price, but have crashes here and there every now and then, if I were you, I'd save money up befor stepping into such an industry.
    Shogun Skateboards

SHOGUN
    Quote Originally Posted by webcs View Post
    We actually have FOUR dedicated servers that include CPANEL/WHM under that price. I would suggest havign us install fantastico as well.

http://www.webcs.com/help/dedicated.html

As far as any script installation, please contact us with the specific scripts and we will go over them. Some we can install free, some fantastico will do, some would be $39 per manhour. Take care.
    By the way, your shared hosting is highly] overpriced.
    Shogun Skateboards

I've been looking at Core Networks recently - they seem to have good reviews
    I Do Website Design - but I am here to learn all about publishing

Registered
    That's great to hear can you provide the domain name and how long you have been with them? Also how are you monitoring the uptime?
    ________
    LovelyWendie
    Last edited by Marshal; 04-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.