Thread: Amount of Content

Registered

Amount of Content

Not quiet sure where to put this...

Hey,

I heard about site flipping the other day, where people build niche site then promote them a bit and sell them on for a few hundred bucks. I thought to myself, that sounds fun.
    I might try it some day, but alas I have a question. How much content is a reasonable amount to put on one of these sites. IS ten pages or articles of unique content a reasonable amount?

Thanks in advance!

I would never buy such a site or do that so I can't really comment.

You want it to be good enough to attract a seller, but not so good that it wouldn't be worth keeping in the long run?
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Not the answer to your question but... if your making a few of these sites, wouldn't it be better investing the time into making just one site of your own? You'd have enough content to build a pretty decent site.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Registered
    Well, im just at the stage where I want to try everything. To me, it seems easier to build a longer term business that way. There is it seems a much safer option in that there is a constant stream of not inconsiderable cashflow available, seeing as you are constantly selling sites, which would enable you to take on staff, and aggresively grow the business.

Yes there may be a bit more hassle involved in managing the staff but all things considered, to me it seems as though it is $200 - $300 upfront for a quality site is much better than fighting for penny clicks over months and years. In this instance all your inventory, basically your time, is tied up in this one site and you have nothing to show for it, for atleast a month, assuming you make a hundred dollars from it and you get a check.
    How likely is it that it will make the cut in its first month, depends on who you are and your experience. Will the long term site make more money in the long run, most definately. But by the time this has happened, I think you could make a hell of a lot more, for the same investment of time elsewhere.

As for the attracting a seller coment, from what I understand, people are buying on the basis of potential. It is sort of the like the futures market.

Maybe Im wrong, whats other peoples views?

I look at flipping sites as wasted effort. When you build a site and then sell it you get a one time payment for your effort. If done correctly, when you build a site and keep it, the site can be generating income for years to come. come this fall, I will have been running my primary site for 13 years and content I put on it 12 years ago is still earning me money today. Don't underestimate the long term potential of earning revenue a few cents at a time.

If you look at websites as long term investments they can in time provide you with a very reliable and substantial source of income. Like others on this forum, I earn a full time living running my websites.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

I would just focus on building sites that I would maintain for long term as well. I could make more $$$ this way than just selling them.

Registered
    Ok then. If you say that there is true potential in the long term potential, be it pennies at a time, I will take your word for it. You obviously have more experience than me so...