Thread: improvement in your search engine placement,,,how long???

Junior Registered

Question improvement in your search engine placement,,,how long???

Hi there....

I have a question.....
    Once you begin using SEO, how long until you see improvement in your search engine placement?

thanks for reply....
    TREKELL
    finest natural and synthetic brushes available.

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    It depends on a lot of factors. How competitive are the search terms you want to rank well for? How well optimized are the competitors' sites? How many quality relevant inbound links (internal and external) are pointing to their pages? (These questions also apply to your own site.)

Also, are you asking about turnaround times on seed/primary keywords, secondary and tertiary keywords, or long-tail keywords?

(A general rule of thumb is not to expect overnight results - it can take up to a year or more to see any general improvements.)
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous

Junior Registered
    Yeah I've been researching and learning about this SEO stuff as well and for what I gather, its a lot of "wait time"

The niche you are in weighs heavily on how long it takes to get up on the SERPs as well.

Patience is a virtue, sometimes it can just take time. I often, nowadays, have year long horizons with my new sites.

I can afford this long wait because I am already successful, but I can understand how frustrating it can be to someone just starting out.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    It also depends on the search engines you are going to have traffic from. For example, getting a website to the high positions in Yahoo and MSN is relatively easier than When you solely want to emphasize on Google rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanwilde View Post
    Hi there....

I have a question.....
    Once you begin using SEO, how long until you see improvement in your search engine placement?

thanks for reply....
    Its hard to tell. As some have already pointed out - competition, SEO process implemented, onpage optimization, etc. are just some factors that would relevantly affect your SEO.

Just one advice: When you build your backlinks, build them in relevant sites in your niche. You get to target your market as well by doing so

Junior Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwilde View Post
    Hi there....

I have a question.....

thanks for reply....
    You can see improvement in one month as long as you properly optimized the site content and get links from quality related site.