Thread: submit websites question.....???

Junior Registered

Question submit websites question.....???

Hi there.....

Should I use services that submit my web site to hundreds or thousands of search engines for free or for a small fee?

thanks in advance for the reply.....
    drugalcoholtreatmentfinder
    source for information and resources about drug and alcohol rehab centers and programs.

Absolutely not. Read my SEO guide.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

I never submit my website, just let search engines find me!

You can just build more backlinks to your sites and let the SE bots crawl and index your site from there. Directories, blogs, forums, social bookmarking sites, etc. are great sources of one-way links.

Now start getting busy and go about building backlinks

Junior Registered
    i think its a decent idea to submit your main domain url to many search engines, im finally upto the back links bit, but yea read that post by chris beasley its your one stop shop, wouldnt mind downloading it in nice zip form

print it out and go over it with a highlighter, warning some parts of his report seam small, but will take you a full day to complete and maybe a month to be thorough

saves alot of effort though having to go through trial and error and learninig only snippets at a time

Junior Registered
    If they submit your website manually on thousand of directory or search engines its OK. But if the services provider submit it with a website submitter software or some thing like this it bed for your website because Google dislike these kind of submission and may he penalize your website and drop your website's ranking.
    So be carefully to get these kind of services.

Good Luck.

Junior Registered
    Hi dear,

This is candry johnson from india i m new for this site pls tell me that how can i add signature in this fourm i have no coding for signature pls send me signature coding dear help me in this.

Thnks & Regards
    candry johnson

Registered
    There are too many free web submission sites to have to pay for it. I see nothing wrong with it, but you should avoid the ones that ask for money. Most of all, be sure to submit your site to google and yahoo.
    Sundreez

Junior Registered

Why not try yourself first...

Why not try the free option first and see what happens...

A question on forum posts, blog comment, etc... I have been doing this for about two months now as I ubderstand this to be a way to get back links to my site. I have done some very basic seo (I'm very new to this and it has been a steep learning curve) I'm now on googles second page for a search on 'guitar and song' I still only get 5 to 15 hits a day what am I doing wrong or will it come through time. Thanks

Forum posts and blog commenting isn't as useful as you may think, in most cases those links are disregarded through nofollow or something else.

Getting a blogger to mention your site in the meat of a post though, that is valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Forum posts and blog commenting isn't as useful as you may think, in most cases those links are disregarded through nofollow or something else.

Getting a blogger to mention your site in the meat of a post though, that is valuable.
    Thanks Chris.
    Any help or ideas on how to do this. It sounds good and simple but I imagine its more difficult. PS how do I get my sig to be a link? I tied the same as I do on other forums but it does not work here.

Thanks

You can ask them.

You can give them freebies.

And new members are not allowed signature links here (to cut down on spam). After a certain level of participation they're turned on.