Thread: Small money transfers

Registered

Small money transfers

I am just about to start on an new project. In this project I will need to deal with a small amount of money coming in, which will then be split between myself and another party. The amount will be in hte order of 0.30 pence here in the u.k.

1: What is the best way to accept a small amount of money like this. Most methods result in a fee of around 0.20pence at least. It will be for a digital product if that makes a difference.

2: How do I go about splitting the incoming money up? Are there any app to help me do this?

The best way to accept micropayments, if you cannot invest in a cell phone system to do it, is to require larger deposits.

For instance, consider PPC advertising. You can buy a click at Google for 5 cents, but you don't buy 1 click at a time, you deposit $50 or $100 and then use those credits to buy clicks.

Stock photo sites are the same way, an image may cost 50 cents but you buy credits in bulk in larger sizes.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

by the way, the term for this is indeed "micropayments" so Googling that would probably be the way to find more info.

Registered
    So are their any credit systems you have heard are decent or would reccomend?

Not an out of the box solution no, those would usually be custom.

Registered
    O.K, I talking to my programmer about it. You wouldnt happen to know how easy it is to put some kind of revenue share in place, as in someone pays for something, and that revenue is then split up between the owner and other contributers?