Thread: Amazon + Wordpress

4x4

Talking Amazon + Wordpress

Does anyone have a wordpress admin add-on to easily integrate amazon product URLs within the post?

I`m always talking about tools, and other gear on my websites that use wordpress as a CMS and I`d love to start integrating amazon affiliate URLs instead of just a link to the item.

-Todd

If you know the item's ASIN it is fairly easy to create an affiliate link. Still be a little copy and pasting, but it'd go quick.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Gimme Fries with that!
    hey todd lately ive been on a code junkie rampage. What are you looking for the code to do? I might be willing to writeup some code for you to use in wordpress if you cant find something prebuilt.

4x4

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    If you know the item's ASIN it is fairly easy to create an affiliate link. Still be a little copy and pasting, but it'd go quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
    hey todd lately ive been on a code junkie rampage. What are you looking for the code to do? I might be willing to writeup some code for you to use in wordpress if you cant find something prebuilt.
    If I can get the ASIN from the product page on amazon w/out doing any more lookup then the ideal software would be a link on the "Write" and "Edit" article/pages in the WP admin area. I would simply enter the ASIN and that would make the text highlighted a hyperlink.

Basically, work in the same fashion as WP does to create links but instead I just enter the ASIN.

The lil-script would have to store my amazon affiliate ID either in a table or in a small configuration file.

I`m thinking a small config file is all that's needed, maybe something more advanced can be used in the future to mask the URL. IE: blogname.com/out.php?=#

This actually sounds very simple and if I have time I may just whip it up myself.

Emancipator- Feel free to work something up if you want to too, and/or share any ideas you have.

-Todd