Thread: How can i improve my SEO ranking

Junior Registered

How can i improve my SEO ranking

Hi

I launched my website www.pyramid.com over two years ago and I have lost over £100k so far on advertising cost, I have used PPC and shopping engines to date, I currently don’t advertise anywhere because of the losses I have made.

i would like to develop my SEO as it would be cost effective but i am not getting anywhere near page 1 - 4 can anybody help me with some advice on how I can bring cost effective traffic to my site in a very competitive industry, I am pretty competitive in my market but just can’t get traffic without spending much more that I make.

Any advice would be great. I am happy to receive criticism as well as advice; it can’t do me any harm.

My competitors are www.ebuyer.com, www.dabs.com, etc there are much bigger but I have a similar model.

all you have to do is link building which are forum postings, directory submissions and social bookmarkings.

Build links after you finish your onpage (good and unique contents).. That's the trick there...Link building is a very crucial way of optimizing and it is the answer to ranking...

Registered
    You have do some sort of
    *Content Management
    *Article Submission
    *Directory Submission
    *On-line Discussion
    *Blog Posting
    *Press Release.

Junior Registered
    it looks like your doing pretty well, i don't think you can do much with a Google PR of 5, once it gets higher up, u've gotta depended on your customers to link you. unless u want to submit a million links by hand...

dotcompals
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyramidjames View Post
    Hi

I launched my website www.pyramid.com over two years ago and I have lost over £100k so far on advertising cost, I have used PPC and shopping engines to date, I currently don’t advertise anywhere because of the losses I have made.

i would like to develop my SEO as it would be cost effective but i am not getting anywhere near page 1 - 4 can anybody help me with some advice on how I can bring cost effective traffic to my site in a very competitive industry, I am pretty competitive in my market but just can’t get traffic without spending much more that I make.

Any advice would be great. I am happy to receive criticism as well as advice; it can’t do me any harm.

My competitors are www.ebuyer.com, www.dabs.com, etc there are much bigger but I have a similar model.

Check out the services provided by me and my team. Website link is at my signature.
    all the best.

Junior Registered
    Just athought.
    ne in UK" /><meta id="ctl00_htmlMetaKeywords" name="Keywords" content="computer components, computer components UK, network accessories, low price telephones, MP3 Players, MP4 Players, communication devices" /

I never search for 'componets'. I search for hard drives, motherboards,memory, chipsets, memory, etc.
    In other words, I and others search for the various componets by 'name'.

Junior Registered
    hire publisher who do a reliable link.

Well I am not an expert but this content on your site: "Server Error in '/' Application.
    Runtime Error...etc.. " is not good for seo

Junior Registered
    To get good traffic you need links from related sites and rank on Search Engine. But before building links you have to know first if what would be a good keywords to target. You can use keyword suggestion tool generate good keywords. It would be better if you can target a keywords that is highly search but not too competitive.

Junior Registered
    take time to do link building which erica had said (forum posting,directory submission, bookmarking) and please add "blog comment posting"

My advice, use MODERN code via something called "minimalist semantic markup" because what you have right now isn't going to index your page worth ****... and makes it more complicated than need be...
    Here's some tips:

if you see anything that goes:
    <div class="____header">

That's most likely the WRONG markup because search engines aren't going to see that as a headier. Take this section:
    Code:
    <div class="gboxheader">Components</div>
    <div class="gbox">
     <ul>
    In terms of clean minimalist markup, that would also inherently help your search rankings, that should probably be:
    Code:
    <div class="gbox">
      <h2>Components</h2>
      <ul>
    puts the header inside the container AS the header for the content that follows. There's not a meaningful heading tag to be found much less a coherent document structure - of COURSE it's ranking low.

USE VALID MARKUP. You've got a XHTML transitional doctype, but a ton of tags like LI that aren't closed properly. If you don't want to close your tags, switch back to HTML. You've got code that doesn't match your doctype... It's possible a search engine is working through it in XML mode, hitting that and just stopping dead at that point like any good XML parser SHOULD.

Don't double nest tables for nothing, and WHY would anyone be wrapping a table around a single TD? I see this all the time and it's just more code making it hard to find the content for the code. (forest for the trees)

Tons of unneccessary/unneeded classes, unneeded spans, div's, improper use of spans when tags with meaning like B, I, EM and STRONG would be more appropriate...

Though that ASP.net rubbish overhead can't be helping much either.