Thread: html and css

Junior Registered

html and css

hello to all here.......
    can anyone tell me about this.......Using css and html, I would like to be able to create a column of images (all of same width but different heights), then create another column to its right with more images, then another, etc.

In my attempts to do this, I have repeatedly run into the problem of not being able to stack images on top of each other. Restraining the width of a div does not result in stacked images, but just seems to break the div.
    help me to clear my this point....
    thanks
    please visit my site here
    free templates

Registered
    couldn't you just add a <br> tag in between each image?

That should put the next image onto a new line without putting a space in between each image
    The First Stock Trading Robot- Doubling Stocks | Over 90million ipod media files- ipod downloads
    Take The Free Adware And Spyware Scan- NoAdware

Use margin or padding settings (top or bottom) for the img tag in your container div - something like:
    Code:
    #container img {
    margin-bottom: 5px
    }
    That will make sure each image has a margin of 5px beneath it regardless of the height.

If you add a margin-right of 5px and float all of your images to the left - they will then align in columns... without knowing your div or image dimensions I can't give you an exact example.
    Code:
    #container img {
    margin-bottom: 5px
    margin-right: 5px
    float: left;
    }
    Here is a good css float tutorial
    I Do Website Design - but I am here to learn all about publishing

Registered
    This HTML Tutorial will give you an easy, yet thorough and correct introduction on how to make websites. The tutorial starts from scratch and requires absolutely no prior knowledge of programming.

This CSS Tutorial will get you started with CSS in just a few minutes. It is easy to understand and will teach you all the sophisticated techniques.