Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: youtube for promoting your site?

Registered

youtube for promoting your site?

I was wondering if anyone uses youtube to promote there website because I am working on a video to advertise my site and was wondering if anyone here has had any success with it?

I was flipping channels on t.v. and saw that oprah was doing a special on youtube and the top video got 60 million views and it was just some guy doing a crazy dance. I f you could attach your url to the video and have only a small percentage of the viewers go and visit your site... WOW imagine the traffic

I've never done it personally, but it is a very common practice for small time publishers as well as big companies.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

you're going to have to create something pretty unique. Something extremely funny, crazy, or weird.

You pretty much have to say to yourself, "would I link this to my friends"

It's a strategy that could be time consuming if it doesn't take off.

http://www.marketingexperiments.com/...d-traffic.html
    Last edited by ZigE; 11-08-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Registered
    875 views, thats not bad.
    how many people went to your site after watching that video do you think?

Registered
    I know one person who was successful with this. He put up SEO tutorial videos on youtube.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_vhoi_ol View Post
    I know one person who was successful with this. He put up SEO tutorial videos on youtube.
    how many views in how long a time and did he notice an increase in traffic?

Registered
    This is something I'd like to explore and haven't gotten around to yet.

Junior Registered

There is only one real way of increasing traffic

Hello
    I have created website before and I have tried all the banner exchanges and everything like that. You have to remember that the internet is not a world of its own, it relies on the real world, people like you and me. I have recently built a website about Bars, Night Clubs and restaurants http://www.yournitelife.com I know from experience is that the best way of getting this off the ground is to actually go out in person getting venues to join my site, and as soon as my site has a few hudnred venues listed on it it will start to advertise itself. People find websites through search engines, and if you have a good website then search engines will find it, it may take time but a really good website will take off on the internet on its own, you do not need to worry about advertising to increase traffic (well at an early stage anyway, obviously if your doing well but you just want to do better, then like any business you will need to advertise).

Junior Registered
    Interesting discussion. I would think that this would effectively be a one hit wonder with the traffic. If you have a site that keeps bringing them back in it would probably be a great thing.

However if you have a site that is not so intensive to the single person then they may come if they like the video but the residual link isn't going to be there.

I worked long and hard to try to figure out how to get a url into a flash and have google and the other engines pick it up to no avail.
    PostonmyForum - Providing your forum with the life it needs.
    Forum Director - Free help on growing a forum.

This media site really boost traffic especially if the video is interesting....

Junior Registered

Smile youtube for promotion

I think promoting through these online communites will yield results sooner or later . I will be starting mine .

EDIT: KEEP SIGNATURE IN SIGNATURE AREA.

Junior Registered
    I was considering this myself for my tourism based website. I run an IT & Design Company, but I dont think id consider advertising as a YouTube Video. Seems silly..
    || Discover Tramore - Your first choice for enjoying Tramore! ||

|| Alpha IT Solutions - The IT & Design People Waterford. ||

Junior Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrosnan View Post
    Hello
    I have created website before and I have tried all the banner exchanges and everything like that. You have to remember that the internet is not a world of its own, it relies on the real world, people like you and me. I have recently built a website about Bars, Night Clubs and restaurants http://www.yournitelife.com I know from experience is that the best way of getting this off the ground is to actually go out in person getting venues to join my site, and as soon as my site has a few hudnred venues listed on it it will start to advertise itself. People find websites through search engines, and if you have a good website then search engines will find it, it may take time but a really good website will take off on the internet on its own, you do not need to worry about advertising to increase traffic (well at an early stage anyway, obviously if your doing well but you just want to do better, then like any business you will need to advertise).
    I'd have to agree, word-of-mouth is the best and most effective way to advertise. I havn't been working on much advertisements because i'm still developing, but, just because someone see's me scrolling through the insane amounts of code, they become instantly amazed! The next part is to confuse them, and before you know it, they'll be like, "thats amazing."
    Anyway, the main point is, if you just flash a link in front of someone, they'll probably ignore it, unless they are looking for it, or something like that, but when talking, at least you'll be able to form a personal connection, just a wee little one, and all you'll have to do is manipulate the conversation ever so slightly that you bring up your site, for example. "Yeah, i've made a couple sites too, my current one is http://anoobsworld.info, i don't think i'm that great at making them either."
    Now this especially works because, 1, you stated the link, 2, it's part of your conversation, and 3, they can relate to your struggles causing a spike in interest!
    And before you know it, they'll can't wait to try it out n tell of their friends.

It takes some work, but it gets a nice chain reaction started, because they pass it to their friends with another great connection, and then they continue it, of course, u need a half decent product or service.

If I had time I would create more videos... But it is not a "wonder" solution. Videos take time to produce and you won't get overloaded with traffic. Still, if you can combine it with e.g. making instruction videos for your customers then...