Thread: designing using div's CSS hassle

Wink CSS layout hassle

In the past I tried to compile style sheets myself, but found it to be more difficult than what I expected. I have extended programming experience in many languages.

If you are about to design a website using divs be advised to not try do reinvent the wheel , but rather to use one of the layouts in the link below.
    40 Website Layouts .

It would save you some time. Work on top of the layout and change it as you desire.

I know there are other websites like this, so please post with the links. Note that the link above have most of the layouts that you will need.
    Last edited by ragunalth; 10-27-2007 at 03:17 PM.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    I don't even bother having ones on my computer to use for a base. It's far too easy, and I only have limited extended language knowledge.

All you really need is
    <style type="text/css">
    body { text-align: center; margin: 0; padding: 0; }
    #wrap { width: 780px; margin: 0 auto; text-align: left; }
    #l { float: left; width: 120px; padding: 5px; }
    #r { margin-left: 130px; }
    </style>
    <body>
    <div id="wrap">
    <div id="l"><ul><li>Nav</li><li>Nav</li><li>Nav</li><li>Nav</li></ul></div>
    <div id="r"><p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Donec fermentum tempus ante. Sed libero. Nunc ut enim id tortor pulvinar sodales. Aliquam erat volutpat. In auctor condimentum sem. Proin nunc odio, tincidunt sed, euismod et, fringilla ac, nisl. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Vivamus eget nunc id diam feugiat malesuada. In nec velit vitae pede sagittis vestibulum. Nullam commodo rutrum felis. Aliquam eu velit pellentesque metus placerat vestibulum. Aliquam facilisis, augue eu euismod pretium, magna ante cursus dolor, a fringilla est tellus ut arcu. Aenean arcu orci, fermentum non, rhoncus id, varius vitae, massa.</p></div>
    </div>
    </body>

I just have two templates that I've created myself that I use as base templates and then I build off of those.

Quahog's Most Wanted Dan Schulz's Avatar
    Same here, Deron. I also use what I call "proper source code order" - header, menu(s), content, sidebar(s), footer. Then style from there using floats and margins (sometimes even negative margins).
    "Far away in cyberspace are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can envision their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead me."
    —Anonymous