Thread: statcounter

statcounter

I've watched statcounter.com's pagerank for a number of years. It used to be a steady 10 for a long time.

The toolbar PR dropped from a 9 to a 6 on Google's recent change.
    Kyle

Registered
    I'm pretty sure thats because of google supporting the analytics program which offers the same service as stat counter so maybe they took a bight out of there pr to bring more money to them selves?

just a thought

Registered
    Statcounter hit in Google Toolbar downgrade

Even Statcounter has been included in the recent downgrade of Toolbar PageRank - TBPR. Until very recently the site held a PR9. Today the site appears to have a PR6.

Statcounter benefited from links back from sites that utilise its web analytics service.

Two key issues:

1. Many of the links back were from sites that used the free service - that is maintained a log file of no more than 500 page loads. It therefore wasn't buying much of its links base.

2. Given that Google now owns Urchin and promotes the Google Analytics sub-brand, surely it is a competitor of Statcounter's. So much for "do no evil". What Google has done may not be "evil" class but it sure smacks of monopolistic behaviour.

this is a post I found on another site.
    I believe it has some relevance to this topic