Thread: Your skillsets

Your skillsets

Online mashes together a whole bunch of skills. Everyone is good at somethings, less so at other stuff.

What are you good at? And what would you like to be better at?

Examples, Design/Graphics, Coding, Business/Marketing, SEO, Writing/copy, Ideas, Planning,

Last edited by ZigE; 08-07-2007 at 05:57 AM.

I am ok at HTML/CSS. I know a little about Wordpress and would like to get better at all of those. I would also like to improve my skills in ActionScript, JavaScript and PHP, oh and I wish I was better at design in general.

My main skills are design and graphics. Been learning the business side for around 18 months now. I'm a novice at server side coding - still mulling over whether i should work on this area more, or just continue to use CMS's / HTML

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Gulag View Post
    I am ok at HTML/CSS. I know a little about Wordpress and would like to get better at all of those. I would also like to improve my skills in ActionScript, JavaScript and PHP, oh and I wish I was better at design in general.
    I would say you're a little better than "ok" at HTML/CSS Ben.

As for my skills. I'm ok at HTML/CSS. I like using Expression Engine. I'm pretty good with Illustrator and Photoshop.
    Last edited by deronsizemore; 08-07-2007 at 04:10 PM.

I consider myself pretty proficient with (X)HTML/CSS, although tableless layouts are hit and miss (I can't do the easy ones, I can do the complex ones, go figure). I still lean towards tables when time is an issue. I was ok in Flash a long time ago, but I moved away from that area to pursue PHP/MySQL, which I'm not a pro at but I'm not an amateur either.

I'd like to learn AJAX, but that's more for just the knowledge than actually putting it to use.
    Shawn Kerr .com

Website Developer
    Design, Writing, Marketing, Advertising are my strong points -- I have a programmer do all the coding. What I'd like to be better at is management.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

I'm a level 5 Dungeon Master.... ;p

In all serious though I'm a jack of all trades. I started at this by doing design afterall. Then moved more into programming. Then finally SEO/marketing/management/business junk/writing. As often as not I outsource my design & programming needs now because there are people out there much better than me and I don't always have the time. But I still crank out some PHP every once in awhile.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Banned
    seo, marketing, design

After 6 years of being my own boss, I lost most of my technical skills. Mostly just hiring people, counting money, investing, etc. Not sure I could qualify for an entry-level programming position anymore Is this success?
    Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it

Quote Originally Posted by demosfen View Post
    After 6 years of being my own boss, I lost most of my technical skills. Mostly just hiring people, counting money, investing, etc. Not sure I could qualify for an entry-level programming position anymore Is this success?
    lol, counting money.

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'm a level 5 Dungeon Master.... ;p

In all serious though I'm a jack of all trades. I started at this by doing design afterall. Then moved more into programming. Then finally SEO/marketing/management/business junk/writing. As often as not I outsource my design & programming needs now because there are people out there much better than me and I don't always have the time. But I still crank out some PHP every once in awhile.
    Ditto, except I still program to much! :P

Junior Registered
    I'd say I'm pretty good at the design part of the job, very good at xhtml/css coding and pretty bad at programming although I will eventually get into PHP a whole lot more