Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PHP, ASP, JSP. which one's better?

Junior Registered

PHP, ASP, JSP. which one's better?

I am a Java guy and though i know php quite well, not as good as java, jsp.I would like to know whether i should go with jsp for creating my website? Or php ??

PHP has become the standard. It is more widely supported and IMO runs the quickest. ASP runs on windows machines which needs more hardware to do the same thing a linux box does. JSP with the virtual machine is always going to be a little slower.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    Im with Chris...i think PHP is the best choice. It'll make your life a lot more easier than with the other languages (more/better hostings, more support, fasters apps, etc).

And when you said ASP...you were talking about ASP.NET right? If you were talking about standard ASP...you should forget about it.

If your choices are between jsp and php, the go with php. I personally prefer APS.NET, but I have many sites in php as well.

Registered
    It depends on what industry you are in and what you are trying to do. However, PHP is a good general choice for building websites.

I prefer PHP for many reasons including:
    • It is the easiest and cheapest to get web hosting for
    • On a Linux/FreeBSD, Apache, MySQL & PHP configuration requires much less server resources to do the same thing than Windows, MS-SQL & ASP/.NET
    • PHP is platform independent and can even run on Windows/IIS w/MS-SQL, thus it is more flexible.

The only time I recommend a ASP/.NET solution to people is when their corporate infrastructure requirements dictate it. Otherwise, PHP is always a better option.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

Registered
    Java if you're going to build incredibly large site or computation-heavy service. For all other cases (I feel 99% is right number here) you lucky with PHP.

I wouldn't recommend Java/JSP in most cases, unless you're building a significant web application. And even then, I'd prefer to use PHP in a framework.

For most sites, I think PHP is both the quickest to pick up and go, and the easiest to maintain.

Overlord of the World morphedparadox's Avatar
    PHP is a good all around language, and the one i would recommend. Easy to pick up, freely available, and loads of resources around.

If you have programming Experiance, than ASP may be of interest. The main problem is that ASP requires a (legal) copy of Windows Server (for any major website). There are Linux implimentations of an ASP server, but these are a bit shifty.

Java/JSP is big, slow and ugly

Junior Registered
    php is the best language for learning, as a career, and for advance web applications.
    PHP Development Company JSP Development company

Most of today use PHP for making a forum, social networking and online transaction such selling, auction etc.

By the way, In my opinion for me PHP is the best web programming especially to newbie who starting learning a PHP because it is to understant and same as C Language/C++. In technical PHP doesn't show his script when you view a PHP site in View Pagesource unlike the other web programming/script language.

Junior Registered
    JSP has many very nice features however JSP tends to run rather slowly.
    You won't find JSP supported on very many shared hosting servers due to
    the amount of resources JSP uses. Typically businesses that have their
    own servers will use JSP.

PHP can do pretty much anything that JSP can do but PHP was originally
    designed for the web where as JSP draws it's roots from a high level
    standalone software development. Java, the lanaguage used in JSP has a
    very steep learning curve.

ASP is nice too but has a bit of a steeper learning curve than does PHP.
    The difference in speed between PHP and ASP is probably not real noticably
    different.
    Software Outsourcing Company | Tampa web Design Company

Junior Registered

Need help for creating simple jsp web application

I need to create web application which will show advertisement on the internet. Main functions of application should be publishing, deleting and searching of advertisement . So website needs to have front page index.jsp, which leads on two pages AddAdvertisement.jsp and searchAdvertisement.jsp

1. It's needed to create Html forms for adding of advertisment and for searching of them.
    a. Every form needs to have java class, bean, who will serve her. Inside the class there are functioncs which works with forms.
    2 There should be login.jsp page which allows logging for username=admin, password=pass. This login form leads on the other page deleting of advertisement.jsp, which allows one click to delete all advertisement from the base of the data.
    a. It is needed to create the database .

Registered
    php is better for any website design and hosting..it is free and 20 times faster than other technology..it is a open source software..java is used for larger software applications or service...most of the programmers choose php ...because of its vast features..jsp is used for stand alone applications....

Junior Registered
    I think all that is whether it is ASP.Net or JSP or php have their different significance in the field of website Development... And as my known language are JSP and php ..... I am more favour in the JSP.HTC HD2