Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How was your july?

I know what you mean. I don't know what you're niche is but are you running any CPM ads? I've been slowly diversifying my sources so that I'm not as reliant on Adsense, and I'm starting to earn more from CPM ads than Adsense. My next goal is to develop a product.

Ya, it is so annoying to me that Adsense is like struggling in quicksand. You keep getting lower rates, despite more traffic and better placements.

Compounding the matter is adblockers, more and more and they're blocking adsense ads.

This is one reason I'm giving subscriptions a try real soon now. Out of 1.5-2m unique visitors a month I'd only need a couple thousand subscribers (depending on package).
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

4x4
    AdSense has been doing that since early 2003

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Ya, it is so annoying to me that Adsense is like struggling in quicksand. You keep getting lower rates, despite more traffic and better placements.

Compounding the matter is adblockers, more and more and they're blocking adsense ads.

This is one reason I'm giving subscriptions a try real soon now. Out of 1.5-2m unique visitors a month I'd only need a couple thousand subscribers (depending on package).

Chris, please keep us updated here on this. Ive been looking at a subscription site for awhile now, Im firmly of the belief its the way to go. Advertising cpc and cpm just keeps getting worse. Worse is the amount of competition appearning daily in the search results. Also I noticed that only Amazon is starting to work to sell things, others like clickbank, etc cant get a sale anymore and I think its a trust thing there. Surfers are changing habits to sites they know.
    Suggestion Chris: do you think it might be a good idea to set up another section on this discussion forum on paid membership?
    Its certainly something I want, and it may prove valuable over time to everyone.

It already exists Mandy, but it isn't purely based on pay. You need 500 posts, or to have written an article for this site. There is a $5 a month fee (waved if you've written an article). Plus existing members then need to vote on your membership.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    July was our biggest month ever, although my mom died, so it kinda evened out

Banned
    July was bad for me

Banned
    test