Thread: Need some ideas to increase ranking for product pages

Need some ideas to increase ranking for product pages

So I run a small online store for a fairly niche topic and I rank well for that topic's term but the product pages themselves aren't ranking well.

How can I get better ranking for the single product pages? Just trying to get incoming links to those single pages can be kind of hard because a lot of times the products are pretty rare and can sometimes sell out fairly quickly.

Ultimately I'm just looking for ways to increase ranking for single product pages and I'm completely open to hearing ways to do that.
    Josh.

Well your SEO seems alright, have you considered a Google sitemap? Seems to me your problem is getting your newest products indexed quickly, a sitemap can help that. Also, make a bulk upload file for google base.

Really, with my ecommerce I've never had a problem getting pages to rank well and basically I don't promote them individually (okay... not often... I do for some). I just make sure their SE friendly and have a good title tag and have good linkage from the site's menu. Then they rank well.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Well your SEO seems alright, have you considered a Google sitemap? Seems to me your problem is getting your newest products indexed quickly, a sitemap can help that. Also, make a bulk upload file for google base.

Really, with my ecommerce I've never had a problem getting pages to rank well and basically I don't promote them individually (okay... not often... I do for some). I just make sure their SE friendly and have a good title tag and have good linkage from the site's menu. Then they rank well.
    I haven't gone the Sitemap route but I do indeed do google base for all the products and keep that updated.

My problem seems to be that my competitors are always above me. So like I might be in the top 5 or 10 for a product, but my competitors take up the majority of the spots above me...which is obviously a problem.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized, I DO have a Google Sitemap for the site...totally forgot that I had done that.
    Last edited by RockNRollPig; 07-27-2007 at 06:58 PM.
    Josh.

Well, link building would be the obvious choice then. If you can't do it for products because they change too rapidly, try doing it for categories and your homepage.

Also... consider building a blog where you can talk up and mention new products... that'll give you more links to specific products as soon as they launch.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Quote Originally Posted by RockNRollPig View Post
    So I run a small online store for a fairly niche topic and I rank well for that topic's term but the product pages themselves aren't ranking well.

How can I get better ranking for the single product pages? Just trying to get incoming links to those single pages can be kind of hard because a lot of times the products are pretty rare and can sometimes sell out fairly quickly.

Ultimately I'm just looking for ways to increase ranking for single product pages and I'm completely open to hearing ways to do that.
    Link building is the key. You can deep link submission it and make a for blog it... Submitting to deep link directories will do the trick...

Example when you submit to deep directory links-->

Instead of submitting your www.domain.com, submit your product page like this --> www.domain.com/page1.html

Try using this link to submit your products pages on every deep directory links...
    Last edited by cooluks; 09-06-2007 at 08:50 AM.