Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend A New Host

Registered

Recommend A New Host

It's time for me to get a new host. Right now I've got a Gold Reseller account with Steadfast. ( http://steadfast.net/services/reseller.php ). I have connection problems with my sites several times a day. If I work on the site for half an hour, it's almost guaranteed that I won't be able to access it for 1-2 minutes during that time.

Currently I use about 300gb bandwidth/month. Traffic for all of my sites is 1500-2000 uniques per day.

I'd like to switch to a host with good support and reliable uptime. Somewhere that I have room to grow.CPanel is a plus. Unlimited domains is required. I'm not sure if I need a dedicated server yet or not. I've looked at a few sites, but I really don't know what is good and what isn't.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Website Developer
    You may want to check out theplanet.com, I've got about half of my stuff with them.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Registered
    I was looking at their site before I made my post. I don't really know what I need when it comes to hosting. They have so many packages. I also know nothing about managing a server.

Maybe a VPS with another company would be good enough for now. Based on the info I provided in the original post what do you think?
    Last edited by cameron; 06-11-2007 at 11:14 PM.

Gimme Fries with that!
    i would reccomend nexcess.net Ask to speak with Chris or Greg. I have referred a bunch of people from here to them. They are a fantastic company. If you speak with chris and let em know Michael from MoviesOnline sent you they will take good care of you. I send alot of business his way.

Any questions about nexcess ask. I can help, Westech here can also help. Its the first company I have ever referred people to and I have been with them for many years now.

Registered
    Thanks. I've emailed Nexcess for suggestions.

Gimme Fries with that!
    good luck with it cameron. They are good people and good service. Let me know how you make out, and if I can help with any questions.

I'm with A Small Orange and have had no problems with them. Very good, very affordable hosting.

Registered
    I got a managed dedicated server with Nexcess. So far it's been great! I ordered it at about 5PM and they had it setup by 10:30PM. All support responses have taken less than 15 minutes via email. Many of them have been within 2 minutes.

Gimme Fries with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I got a managed dedicated server with Nexcess. So far it's been great! I ordered it at about 5PM and they had it setup by 10:30PM. All support responses have taken less than 15 minutes via email. Many of them have been within 2 minutes.
    glad they are working out well for you cameron!

I'm with Hostmysite.com... a big company that has near instant 24/7 customer service with people who speak/type good english.

They have unbelievable service for a cuople of my high traffic'd sites. I also have a VPS through them. Not cheap, but the instant customer service is why I'm with them.
    Kyle

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    Welcome to hosting paradise!

Gimme Fries with that!
    agreed. Hey Westech I am gonna take it personal you dont pop on MSN and say hello more often you bastard

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Westech View Post
    Welcome to hosting paradise!
    Is it a hosting paradise?

FunAndEducational.com
    Hostmonster would satisfy your requirements. Unlimited domains. 3000 GB of bandwidth.