Thread: Good place to get designers?

Good place to get designers?

Where is a good place to get good website designers who can make a good desgin for sub $300?

You can try http://gfxcontests.com/ which is run by KLB, there are some really talented designers there.

Don't know if you have any Photoshop, HTML, CSS skills? But if you do, the designs at http://www.oswd.org/ seem pretty good...you could tweak them pretty easily to make a custom design.

Registered
    My list of designers is really starting to thin out. It's extremely hard to find good people these days.
    Max

Registered
    I know the Sitepoint forums have been going downhill the last couple years, but has anyone held a design contest their recently? They seem to have a lot of designers and from what I've seen the quality is actually pretty good.

I need to get a few logos and templates designed and was thinking of giving it a shot, but would like to hear if anyone has had bad experiences with it.
    ________
    Pissing tubes
    Last edited by rpanella; 03-17-2011 at 10:55 AM.

Sitepoint has good contests, but GFXcontests has equally good contests and I'd rather support KLB & Bleys than SP.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    I've never been a big fan of contests. Those who do not win, will sell their entries, which will most probably be very similar to the winning entry (once one designer gets a good comment, others are quick to follow).
    Max

It all depends on what you need and how you work. Sitepoint/GFXcontests work best if you can brief or describe what you want well, if you need a lot of step by step help in getting to where you want to be you are probably best hiring an individual designer/company.

Nice thing with the graphics contests is you get a wide variety of ideas and variations, for a very low price. Even adding up the cost per hour for everyone competing.

Also the reason I'm getting out of the design biz, everyman and his dog can load up photoshop these days.

Though saying that if you go directly to a design firm, you can often look at there portfolio and see there style of work, albeit it will be little more expensive, you may end up a better result.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxS View Post
    I've never been a big fan of contests. Those who do not win, will sell their entries, which will most probably be very similar to the winning entry (once one designer gets a good comment, others are quick to follow).
    That's a good point Max, but at the same time its very easy for someone who likes your design to simply have it "cloned" which will result in a very similar design to yours. So the risk of someone selling a similar design does not seem to be too big of an issue to me. The number of different variations you can get for the same price (if not less) than a design firm more than makes up for it.

I've had some logos done at Design Outpost in the past, but I think next time I might try SP and see how it goes.
    ________
    PARK LANE
    Last edited by rpanella; 03-17-2011 at 10:55 AM.

I've always used Design Outpost, but not happy with the number of designers for template work. Their logo section is great though.

I'm also looking for a larger pool of people doing template work.
    Kyle

Registered
    If you need designers for very less rates, you can find them at pcworkathome.in forums. This is an indian forum which offer free services to both providers and coders.
    Their services are free for everyone.
    Thanks,
    Shop and Save with FREE App My Shopping Genie Review | Make Money with My Shopping Genie Home Business

Registered

Smile good designer

I can do webdesign !!!

Registered
    you can try nextfreelance.com . so many professioanal designer are there

xander has your best site right their its great and has lots of good graphics people that are amazing,