Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommended Shopping Cart

Recommended Shopping Cart

I want to expand my horizons and for my own personal knowledge & review purposes give another cart a try with my next ecommerce site.

I've used OSC, and CRE Loaded OSC. I cannot get MIVA installed.

I'm considering X cart, cube cart, and jshop then.

Anyone have a suggestion?

My main requirements are:

Se friendly URLs, including basic stuff like unique meta/title tags.

Authorize.net AIM integration with CVV support

UPS XML shipping quotes.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    I've messed around with Cube Cart and it's certainly a nice option. It's much less bloated than OSC, which allows for easy customization.

I'm fairly sure CC supports those SEO options, but I don't know about the other requirements.
    Max

I've used x-cart and highly recommend it.

It has just about every feature you would want already written into the software (meta, shipping, cvv support, seo static pages + many payment processors) and a solid group of smaller companies providing strong third party plugins.

The only down side is the learning curve and getting used to smarty templates - also upgrading, but that because I don't have the necessary programming/server skills to understand it fully .

I been using it since 2000 and have had 3 stores running for clients during this time.

I haven't even visited the x-cart site this year - so it may have had many other features added in this time.
    I Do Website Design - but I am here to learn all about publishing

Registered
    I have had an ecommerceptemplates.com cart running at www.mhparts.com for almost two years without incident. There is an active forum with a variety of mods available and they do regular updates. So far I have been able to keep my customer happy by changing things in the configuration file. (I am not a coder

Paul

I'm also looking for a shopping cart system. I'm thinking of Zen Cart, seems to have the mayor contributions already installed and easy to customize. Any opinions?

Junior Registered
    I have x-cart and like it so far

I now think I'll wait for the Magento Card release

http://www.magentocommerce.com/ecomm.../shopping-cart

I hear good things about www.elasticpath.com through work although I have limited experience with them directly.

For years and years, I've used a store called DigiShop. http://digishop.sumeffect.com

It's a commercial product, but I really like it. It's got tons of gateway options, and the latest versions have some nice bells and whistles. It can also be modded to do just about anything you need - either by the software vendor (who does a great job), or any experienced PHP programmer. I stress experienced, because the code is no walk in the park, but overall it's a super program.

I use Zen Cart on a couple of sites and it's nice of you know what you are doing. SEF urls are not great but custom meta tags etc are all there.

I have often thought that there is a gap in the market for a really good piece of cart software which makes the first 20 things anyone here would want to do a doddle and comes with the basics as standard.

Magneto looks good.

The magento install was fairly easy enough... if you have a fully beefed out server. I had to get a couple modules installed to support it.

Then, once loading it, they obviously do not have all the kinks worked out yet. More like pushing to meet the release date. So I haven't been able to make any headway yet. For instance it'll be about a 2 hour job of dumb data-entry style clicking just to remove the categories/products the store comes prepopulated with since there is no included way to do them in mass or from 1 screen so you gotta like 4 or 5 times just to delete 1 product.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The magento install was fairly easy enough... if you have a fully beefed out server. I had to get a couple modules installed to support it.

Then, once loading it, they obviously do not have all the kinks worked out yet. More like pushing to meet the release date. So I haven't been able to make any headway yet. For instance it'll be about a 2 hour job of dumb data-entry style clicking just to remove the categories/products the store comes prepopulated with since there is no included way to do them in mass or from 1 screen so you gotta like 4 or 5 times just to delete 1 product.
    Could you delete them directly from the database instead of through their interface to save time?
    ________
    ANAL VIDEOS
    Last edited by rpanella; 03-17-2011 at 11:02 AM.

I could but without knowing how their backend is setup I do not want to. Most advanced apps will have data stored in multiple tables. So there could be remants of the product data in a dozen different tables.

Exactly... I know I could probably do it, but I remember messing up software before trying to do that exact same thing, so I figured I'd wait and hope they fix it in the first updated release.