Thread: hmmm...should I sign back up with CJ?

hmmm...should I sign back up with CJ?

I signed up for an account with CJ a while back but didn't use the account really until about three weeks ago. My account basically sat dormant for nearly 9 months or so I'd say. Well, about three weeks ago I actually accessed my account and applied for a few of the affiliates to be able to offer them on a site. I got a confirmation from all three of the affiliates that I was accepted to the program and today I try to log in and I get a message that says my account has been deactivated. What? I don't understand. Yes, it's true that I hadn't used it very much but to not send me any kind of a message saying that it was on the verge of being deactivated or something along those line is uncalled for if you ask me. I still have got nothing telling me that it's been deactivated.

So my question is...should I sign back up? Seems like some shady business practices going on there.

I've had my account deactivated at CJ around 2 or 3 times - for the same reasons you as you - lack of activity.

You don't get email notification - which I also wasn't too impressed about

What you have to do is re-signup with a different email addy.

There's no other way
    I Do Website Design - but I am here to learn all about publishing

That sucks. Have to go back through and put in all that information!

How do you do with CJ? I've read a lot of people say that it's not even worth the hassle to mess with them? That they don't make much money anyway with them and the money they do make is hit or miss if they actually ever receive it.

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar
    I am sure there are affiliates here who make a lot with them. I make some, depending on what I am pushing at the time, and they have a wide raneg of offers.

Initially I had an account deactivated. You need to generate a payment every 6 months I believe, otherwise the acccount is closed. Frustrating if you have a lot of links up but not yet generating money.

If they close your account, you loose any monies still on it as well.

Yes it is every 6 months you need to make some commision or your account is deactivated. The worse part is taht you have to have a new email everytime you reapply. I have yet to make anything with CJ on my second time with them but the site is new and just building up. I am hoping to make something before my next 6 months is up.

Registered
    Join the club mate. There are lots of people that suggest that CJ is a good place to start if you are new to affiliate marketing. I have been in this business for over 6 years and have seen so many affiliate programs that I know for a fact that CJ is one of the worst you will want to try if you are new to all this. Once you have learn't your stuff and know that you can produce sales in every 6 months period then you will be fine with CJ.

I have signed up to it about 4 times in the past. Have not been back since as I have not needed it. The 4 times in the past was because I was new to it, meaning I kepted getting deactivated because of no sales.

If you want to re-signup then it's up to you, but you have to get at least 1 sale in every 6 months period.
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by john190 View Post
    Join the club mate. There are lots of people that suggest that CJ is a good place to start if you are new to affiliate marketing. I have been in this business for over 6 years and have seen so many affiliate programs that I know for a fact that CJ is one of the worst you will want to try if you are new to all this. Once you have learn't your stuff and know that you can produce sales in every 6 months period then you will be fine with CJ.

I have signed up to it about 4 times in the past. Have not been back since as I have not needed it. The 4 times in the past was because I was new to it, meaning I kepted getting deactivated because of no sales.

If you want to re-signup then it's up to you, but you have to get at least 1 sale in every 6 months period.
    So what other affiliate programs do you you suggest?