Thread: Please Review: Free Online Games Site

Registered

Please Review: Free Online Games Site

Hi,

I have a site that has free online games, funny videos and pictures. I would like your opinion on it's design, what it has to offer, what can be improved etc.

The site is: http://www.simplysearch4it.com

Thanks!
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

You've had that site for years, I remember PMing you on sitepoint to ask you to add games to do: btw, don't forgot to check for latest ones on www.gamesforyourwebsite.com

I like the layout, but not the colours or the header images that much. I don't think they really suit. Probably need lighter colours in the design, if not whites, or at least more contract (just blue not really a good idea).

Also perhaps 2 columns of games rather than 1. I've switched from 3 columns to about 6 columns recently as I don't think anyone actually reads the description, they just look at the picture and the name.

Registered
    It has been online for years, but I had done a total redesign and wanted comments mainly on the design.

Anyway, thanks for the games and the comments. The problem with my site is that it is not suppose to be an entertainment site, it also includes shopping, articles and it will also include a meta search engine one day. My main intention when I started it was to make a meta search engine like Google, but found that there was to much competition and it would be to hard to do, but I will now be using another meta search engines results like Alexa's of Google's through an API.

Although they will not be my own results, it still adds extra content to the site and it makes it look more like a search engine and also makes it more sticky. Also, I used them colors because I wanted it to look more like an informaton site rather than an entertainment site. In other words I wanted the colors and design to work with both the articles / shopping content and also the games / videos / pictures content.

Still looking for more opinions.

Thanks!
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

Registered
    I think pretty much the same as Generalissimo...like the layout, but not the blue tone colors. Although i do like the header.

I would change the main content background color to white...like you have on the "Shopping" and "Articles" section.

Registered
    I will look into that, I may change it, I may not. I will try it and see what it looks like.