Thread: New Google Pay Per Action

Website Developer

New Google Pay Per Action

Aaron Wall just made a post about this on his blog http://www.seobook.com/archives/002112.shtml I have also made a post on mine.

Good? Bad? I think this is excellent for publishers (not so much affiliate arbitragers.) Google is adding a new format called "text link ads" which allows publishers to put pay per action links on their sites and adjust the font, size, and color.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Is this the beginning of the end for reliable CPC earnings from mass content sites targetting topics that aren't very commercial?

Obviously a content site talking about the various kinds of motorcycle helmets, still has good money to be made from BOTH CPC and CPA.

But if advertisers start moving away from CPC, the BIG content sites that target topics where commercialization is less obvious, could be the ones hurt by this the most (as time goes on, not immediately).

I guess I'm just happy the vast majority of my earnings over the years is from CPA.
    Kyle

Registered
    This is definitely not good for arbitragers or affiliate networks in the long run, since Google is effectively cutting both of them out of the middle, and will be simply delivering visitors straight to the advertiser. And they have enough data to do this very efficiently between all of the data from Adwords, Adsense, Analytics, Google Checkout, etc. Before it was affiliates and arbitragers bringing all these products together to profit, and now Google has the means to do it all themselves.

As for the publishers, and the merchants selling the actual products this should be very good, since Google will likely have a very efficient process and having only Google in the middle can reduct costs for the advertiser and increase them for the publisher.
    ________
    CARIBBEAN COOKING
    Last edited by rpanella; 03-17-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Registered
    Yep, I have heard about the new CPA from Google, I just hope it doesn't do any damage to the existing CPA affiliate networks.

I also hope that the CPA that Googles advertisers will be paying publishers will also be good and it will earn more than the current CPC adsense. If that is the case then we will all definately love this new program.
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

Junior Registered
    Any way,earn money is the need of master..