Thread: Credit users for signing up to an affiliate

Junior Registered

Credit users for signing up to an affiliate

This is pretty poorly written read carefully

Ok, i own a bbg called extreme-skate, i want to credit my members who sign up to affiliate offers tokens(in game currency) Im stuck on making automatically credited. I got the idea for this on a game called Critticage.com(one of AndyH's games) and thought it was worth a try, got as far as signing up for CJ and getting a few affiliates accepting me, i understand i can send a CID by putting &cid= on the end which i currently do then download the report to credit the member. but i want it done by it self because im busy with my GCSE's an im a teen so im lazy.

I also understand CJ set a cookie/seasion when the user goes onto the sites then deletes it once the registration is completed. is there anyway i can use that to activate a script on my server to credit the correct user?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Doing it once a week or so to reconcile the data shouldn't be hard. You can make automated import scripts so that your own actual work is only a few minutes a week. Surely that small time expenditure must be worth it?
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Junior Registered
    Yeah i guess i can spare the time. Where do i start

Also got any top tips i can use on making a bit more income because at the moment my income is just donations(players of the game donate to get extras/advantages) and the amount of donations is poor its been about 3 - 4 weeks and i've had 4 donators. I suppose its not that bad concidering i opened the site start of this year.

Give it time, games like that tend to grow exponentially so it'll be slow at first.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Junior Registered
    Yeah like Andy H's i was reading about that on success story's its what made me sign up, googled his name plus hellbored an it came right up this forum. Its started like mine slow very low income enough to cover hosting. i have no money to advertise at the moment and i feel im stuck which is why i added the Affiliates to give me a bit more income for advertising and upgrading to Dedicated hosting.

Also i know that peoples first games don't always make it, i've started planning for some more games to get something rolling. getting my self organized making a weekly to do list etc.

Registered
    CJ should allow you do download a CSV or similar of your stats and then you would need to code a script to parse it and credit the appropriate accounts based on what offers they completed. Should be fairly simple if you know what you're doing.

Also, if you really want to automate it, there is a useful PHP class called Snoopy, that would help if you wanted to be able to login to CJ and pull reports automatically. I have not done it with CJ specifically but have used it to pull reports from a couple other networks for various purposes.
    ________
    HERBAL VAPORIZER
    Last edited by rpanella; 03-17-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Junior Registered
    Cheers i'll look into it, thanks