Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fellow Entrepreneurs Wanted

Cool Fellow Entrepreneurs Wanted

I've Got an Idea!

After sifting through this site for a day or two, I got an idea. Here we have a community of people who all have the same interest and drive for web publishing. What do you guys think about going in on a website together. We could utilyze all of our strengths and put them together in an awesome site. I'm pretty sure everything can be done over the internet. We can use this forum to exchange ideas, and email files back and forth to each other. If anything, it would just be for fun, but maybe it would turn out pretty nice. Anyone who is interested please reply.

Ummm..... this is what we are already doing on this forum. After all the these forums are titled "Website Publisher Forums".
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

I'm talking specifically. Is there anyone interested in going in on a site with me? Guests too, sign up, and shoot me a reply!
    Last edited by srjcstud; 03-17-2007 at 05:41 PM.
    Life is way too short to live safe!

there are alot of coomplications with that...

There are alot of complications with every great idea! I'm just thinking its original and possibly lucrative. Collaboration is a good thing. Your right, though, it does complicate things. If we could figure it out, it would be pretty cool.

I'm just askin you guys to think about it. Just thinkin big, thats all! We all like makin money, and this one possible way.
    Last edited by srjcstud; 03-17-2007 at 06:25 PM.

Most people in this forum are independent publishers, A website startup rarely requires more than one person managing it.

Personally I'm not keen on starting up projects with partners unless I've known the person for a long time. Like ZigE said, it is very rare for a website startup to require more than one person to manage it.
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

You guys love to pulverize ideas on this forum! Nice! Well maybe someday.

It isn't a matter of pulverizing ideas, it is about being realistic and "smart". Web publishing typically isn't a method to get rich quick. It requires a great deal of effort and partnerships add a great amount of complexity. It is almost always better to do it solo.

Your a sad little man KLB, a sad little man. You got some issues, Bro! And one heck of an ego. Momma didn't hold you long enough?

You can take my advice or not, it doesn't matter to me, but you will find that there aren't a lot of egos on this forum, just people who are willing to share the knowledge and experience they have accumulated. Insulting people here isn't a good way to win friends.

Your not one to lecture me on friendship, you had it out for me since my first post. Your scared of new ideas. I only responded to your comment about me being smart and realistic. That didn't seem to altruistic to me. Sounded like a very scared little man. Sorry about what i said though, i should've choosen different words. I apoligize. (sorry bout the spelling)

Don't be so paranoid, I don't have it out for you or anyone else (well at least not in these forums).

When I say being smart and realistic I mean that you shouldn't expect to get rich "overnight". Unless you are a scammer or spammer you aren't going to suddenly start making thousands of dollars a month (or even hundreds of dollars a month). Building a site up and building traffic to a site takes lots of time and lots of hard work.

If you think you are going to throw up some site to stake out your share of some gold rush claim you will become sorely disappointed. If, however, you stake out a homestead on the Internet and work your fields very hard they will eventually begin to bare a bountiful harvest. If you do it right, the efforts you invest in your endeavor today will still be paying you residual dividends years from now.

Also if you try to emulate someone else's business model or market niche (e.g. MySpace) you will always be in their shadow and working against their head start. You need to go your own way and do something truly new so that you aren't having to compete against well entrenched players (like MySpace).

KLB,

I get what you are saying. Listen to the song, "Vienna", by Billy Joel. Is that what you are telling me. It reminds me of you. Thanks buddy!