Thread: Established poker forum for sale -Avg. $5100+/month from ad sales alone!Stable income

Junior Registered

Established poker forum for sale -Avg. $5100+/month from ad sales alone!Stable income

Hey,

I have just decided to sell most of my online sites.

The reason for selling is I am starting to move into more business offline, I bought a new local business lately and I am putting more time and money into a local poker site.

I will still be staying in poker but I am changing my focus to offline promotion and marketing and my new site will not be in any direct competition with my current sites.

I am selling a network of sites but I am taking offers on individual sites as well as the full network.

A few of the sites I am selling now are:

www.DeuceAce.com
    www.RakebackBob.com
    www.MyMacPoker.com

This thread is only for DeuceAce but I will accept offers / questions for the other sites via PM.

About DeuceAce.com

DeuceAce was established in 2005 and now receives over 15,000 unique visitors / month (Over 17,000 in Jan and 15,000 in Feb) with over 1400 registered members.

96% of search engine traffic is coming from Google and thousands of pages are indexed on all major search engines.
    DeuceAce now has a great brand and is well known among poker players, we have a loyal membership base, quality content, unique custom poker video tutorials and a new FREE poker calculator which can be attached to most networks.

We have given away over $3000 in prizes for competitions and tournaments and a lot more is planned this year including televised games!

All prize funding has been provided by the poker rooms, DeuceAce has great branding and companies are very willing to provide prizes and run tournaments to receive exposure as well as you receiving an affiliate %, which is normally higher than the advertised rates!

A few companies that have purchased advertising on DeuceAce include Mansion, Island Poker, Pacific Poker, Paradise Poker, 888.com and other big names.

Site Management

The site doesn't require a lot of work really, my time is spent dealing with advertisers and setting up tournaments

Dealing with advertisers is simply emailing advertisers for renewal and advertising setup.
    Setting up tournaments is very quick and easy, rooms normally email me and offer to setup tournaments and provide the prize pool, a few emails to setup the time, name and password is normally all that's required.

Once the details are worked out I post the tournaments on the forum and include it in an email to members that have opted to receive emails.

I really didn't put much into promotion / marketing so I would advise this for the new owner, it would increase traffic and revenue by a lot more.

All in all the site could easily run on one hour a day but I would highly recommend taking on more moderators as well as giving power to moderators to setup and give passwords and other details to users which would take almost all workload off the new owner – I will be doing this on my own new site.

Marketing banners etc. are already designed and included in the sale.

My expenses are very, very low.

Hosting is the only ongoing expense (The site can run with a small shared account) and I only paid around $30 for advertising in Jan – I was planning on starting up marketing soon once I got more tournaments setup in advance – Like I said, I would recommend it for traffic and revenue.

I already have two rooms that have offered to run freerolls (The room put up a prize pool and there is no expense for DeuceAce) and set them up in advance, I can get these setup for the new owner and forward emails and the email address for future freerolls.

Included in the sale

Domain name
    List of over 40 past advertisers – Great for repeat custom!
    All site related material – Articles, custom DeuceAce videos (www.DeuceAce.com/movies/intro.wmv And www. ) banners (www. )
    letterhead ( www.DeuceAce,com/temp/deuceace_letterhead2.pdf )/ marketing material ( www.DeuceAce.com/banners/da/ for example ) and of course all site files / databases / content
    Over 1200 email addresses of registered members – All 18+ (Some members have opted not to receive emails) – This is a huge advantage for marketing
    All contacts will be available including partnerships (DeuceAce Poker Tool for example) and affiliate managers – DeuceAce receives a great affiliate rate one of which is $250 for each referral! (Party Poker)
    Custom DeuceAce Poker Tool ( http://www.deuceace.com/showthread.php?t=2204 )
    All advertising details and renewal dates (There are a few sponsorship positions finishing soon – Both worth $499.95 / month minimum – If the site isn't full transferred by the time they renew I will still forward payment to the new owner as long as the deposit has been sent – Please read the last few paragraphs)
    Help to get the site moved over and help getting organised with everything

Traffic and revenue stats

Traffic and revenue stats will be provided to serious interested bidders.

Revenue in , Jan was just over $4150 and just under $5260 in Feb, Dec stats will also be available I just have to get them prepared and counted up.

There were just under 5000 unique visitors in Dec, 17,000 unique visitors in Jan and 15,000 in Feb.
    No traffic has been bought and the only paid advertising is listed above, $30 in these 3 months.

Full traffic and revenue proof is available.

Revenue could be easily be dramatically increased by promoting rooms as an affiliate, right now I have been sticking to a set rate advertising method, I am positive affiliating could work great with the size of membership and the number of unique visitors.

Sale Details

Payment can be sent via Neteller, Paypal, bank transfer, Escrow.

Bank transfer is my preferred method and I would give priority to anyone send by bank transfer, fees for processors would have to be paid by the buyer, no fees are applicable for bank transfers.

I have done a lot of sales online without any problems and if needed, I can give contact details of past buyers, my site sales have totalled very high xx,xxx in the last few years.

I have been a long time member on a lot of forums including WebHostingTalk (May 2002), SitePoint (June 2003) and DigitalPoint (Feb 2005) just for example.

Payment can either be made as a one off payment (Preferred) or I may do instalments depending on the final price – Please contact me if you would like to make instalments instead of one-off.
    I will still keep ownership of the domain name and hosting / site files until full payment is sent.

A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the sale price must be sent within one week of bidding ending and full payment MUST be sent at the agreed date. I have to be very strict on this because I have had so many sales fall through because the winning bidder didn't have the money available for a few months after the sale.

I would like to share freerolls and tournaments with my new local site and DeuceAce for the next 3 months – This is an advantage to the new owner and myself, it gives more players for the new owner to ensure all freerolls have a good turnout and good play and I will also contact rooms and get the freerolls and tournaments setup as well as getting the rooms to provide all prize pools (Money) – I have a good working relationship with many rooms and talk to managers on a regular basis.

I would also like to keep a link in my sig for my new site – Like I said, it is in no direct competition with DeuceAce.

I would like to keep my john [at] deuceace.com email address for a few months because I have used it for a few personal emails and have to get everything changed over.

I am willing to negotiate all terms with bidders – Just contact me.
    I am more than happy to sign a contract for the winning bidder.

Bidding and contact

If anyone has any questions or would like to bid, please email or PM only.

My email address is sale@deuceace.com

Bidding starts at $15,000 and must go up at a minimum of $250.

I have set a BIN of $55,000 - Which is just 10 * last month's revenue!

The end date and time is Monday 12th this month at 9pm EST.

Please remember, I am only taking questions via EMAIL to sale@deuceace.com

Junior Registered
    The current offer is $30,000 which is from a SitePoint user - The site has been listed since last week.

Thanks
    John

Junior Registered
    Hey,

I just phoned up my bank to check and I have everything checked and the average is actually $4634/month - An increase of around $500 / month than expected.

Thanks
    John

Junior Registered
    There is a new offer of $30,500.

Thanks
    John

Junior Registered
    The current bid is $30,500 which is 6 and a half months the average monthly revenue.

The next minimum bid would be $31,000 and the auction finishes today and the BIN is now $45,000 - Just 10 times the average monthly revenue.

Junior Registered
    The site is now under offer at $40,000.

Thanks
    John