Thread: Keep track of your to do's

Keep track of your to do's

It's kind of old news, but I just started using it again to keep track of my to do list for my projects. I think it helps me to have an actual list in front of me telling me "this is what you need to do!". Maybe there is someone here who doesn't know about it.

www.tadalist.com

Site Contributor
    I'm so against a to-do list on a computer.

You need some time to get unplugged. Pen and paper do wonders.

Registered
    I've gone the pen and paper route but I'm still a fan of the power of the Internet; I have my own extremely simple PHP/MySQL to-do list. It gets the job done.

I never even think of a "to do" list.

I work on what I feel like working on. If I have "work on Site A" on my list but have a good idea for Site B, well do I follow my list or do I break from it and work on what I have a good idea for.

My workflow is random, but I get a helluva lot accomplished since I have the desire to work on a certain project at that particular time. Not work on it because my list says to.
    Shawn Kerr .com

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post

I've done pen and paper also, but normally I've got my laptop, pen, and paper all right in front of me, so instead of checking off items on the list with a pen, I just navigate to my trusty FireFox ToolBar Bookmark for Ta-Da and mark it. I don't really have any "unplugged" time by using pen and paper.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilebadboy View Post
    I never even think of a "to do" list.

I work on what I feel like working on. If I have "work on Site A" on my list but have a good idea for Site B, well do I follow my list or do I break from it and work on what I have a good idea for.

My workflow is random, but I get a helluva lot accomplished since I have the desire to work on a certain project at that particular time. Not work on it because my list says to.
    That's cool if it works for you. I just can't do it. I've tried working on whatever I feel like working on and I will start something, then go to something else, then go to something else and not finish the first two completely and by the time I get done with the third I've forgotten what I was working on on the first two. My to do list doesn't really mean I follow any kind of order doing it, like I've absolutely got to do this today, I just use it to help me remember everything that I am working on or was working on.

May have been misleading with me saying "this is what you need to do" in my original post.

I'm with you on this one, sometimes my head just gets clouded with ideas & things I need to do,

It's great to just take a break, pen & paper, and suss it all out.

Thanks for this. I've set mine up, looks like it will be better than using my whiteboard.

4x4

Talking

I agree Shawn.

I write-to do lists on paper even if I don't folow them it's great to get it on paper and ou tof your head or computer.

Sometimes I write huge to-do lists just to refresh myself.. works great.

Registered
    I agree that writing a list of things I have to do down on paper and physically crossing them off as I go gives me more of a sense of accomplishment.

When it comes to project ideas and such though, I usually keep those on my computer in text files.
    ________
    Pedro rodr?guez (racing driver)
    Last edited by rpanella; 03-17-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks for this, I may give it a try. I was thinking about making something in PHP/MySQL for myself as well, having a to do list and links to all my stats, google etc. I would set it as my homepage so it would be easier to follow.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

I think I prefer an online one because my handwriting is rubbish, therefore I cringe if I make a paper/whiteboard to-do list whenever I look at it... Sort of puts me off.

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar
    Im afraid Im a pen and paper advocate as well. I would really like to think an electronic todo system is more efficient, but I work better with a paper list, items numbered in order of importance and then crossed through when complete

Pen and Paper here... things change too much for me to do it online - I'd spend all my day loggin in and out
    I Do Website Design - but I am here to learn all about publishing