Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same Tier Alternatives to VCM

Registered

Question Same Tier Alternatives to VCM

Hi Guys,

So here's the deal, one of my sites is doing fairly well traffic wise; it's at about 150,000 pageviews / 15,000 unique visitors a day.

With all this traffic, I hate wasting it on VCM. Looking at the CPMs from 6+ months ago makes me nostalgic.

I doubt I'll be able to get into Tribal/Casale simply because a large majority of the users are from social networking sites and blogs (well actually, that's not true - about 65% of the users come from SEs, but they're social networkers). I don't want to apply to either until I get more traffic, so that I'll have a better chance of being accepted. Burst will only let me in their 'Burst Direct' program, which may be even worse than VCM.

What are my alternatives? I've briefly looked over lower tier networks such as Banner Connect, Right Media, etc...what would you suggest?

Right now, with VCM, I'm getting these rates:
    728/460 Banner: $.27c eCPM
    160/120 SkyScraper .20c eCPM
    Medium Rectangle .32 eCPM

Anyone? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by MaxS; 02-23-2007 at 07:09 PM.

Try the rich media exchange direct, its an easy way to join like 8 lower pay networks at once.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    Do you mean Right Media Exchange? Thank you, I'll give that a shot.

Edit: I already had an account with RMX (I forgot about it, of course). I just applied to the networks. Interesting concept.
    Last edited by MaxS; 02-23-2007 at 07:31 PM.

Registered
    Just as a follow up: RMX is amazing. The concept is very simple, and I would be surprised if most of you don't do this on your own; It places the networks in a chain and displays the highest paying ad (of all the networks) first.

The only flaw is, many of the networks in RMX are small (compared to VCM) and therefore have a horrible fill rate.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    What kind of average cpm's are you seeing from RMX (if you don't mind sharing)?

Registered
    Of course I don't mind.

For 300x250 ads, the average CPM (excluding VCM) is $0.45. Here's the thing, that only represents a small fraction of the ads being served on my website (as the fill rate, even with so many networks linked, is pathetic).

What ad size are you interested in? I'm testing it out at the moment, so I don't have much data.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    I'm interested in checking them out for 300x250, 728x90 and 160/120x600. I'm wondering how they'd do for my remnant ad inventory (mostly international). I guess I could always sign up and try them out, but I've wasted so much time trying out smaller networks that I was hoping I could get your take on RMX before going to all that trouble.

Registered
    Sure, no problem. If you give me another day or 2 (as I only have about 24-36 hours of stats w/ them), I'll be able to give you a better idea.
    Last edited by MaxS; 02-27-2007 at 06:45 PM.

Registered
    Sorry for the late reply, Westech.

I've decided to disable all networks within RMX direct aside from CPX Interactive and Right Media. Since I push millions of ad impressions a month, if a company can only fill a few hundred a day, it's not worth waiting 2-3 months to meet the minimum payout, even if the CPMs are great. Right Media/CPX Interactive are only filling a few thousand impressions (until the eCPMs go below VCM's).

Here are some statistics from yesterday:

300x250
    CPX Interactive - $.36 eCPM
    RightMedia Network (Remix Media) - $.35 eCPM

160x600
    CPX Interactive - $.26 eCPM
    RightMedia Network (Remix Media) - $.25 eCPM

120x600
    CPX Interactive - $.24 eCPM
    RightMedia Network (Remix Media) - $.24 eCPM

Sorry, I don't have any stats for 728x90. Hope that helps!

Chronic Entrepreneur
    That's very helpful info. Thanks a lot for saving me the time of signing up!

Registered
    No problem

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Try the rich media exchange direct, its an easy way to join like 8 lower pay networks at once.
    What's the url for this service. I tried typing it in and it doesn't exist so I guess I typed in the wrong url or something.
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

Chronic Entrepreneur

Registered
    I still don't quite get this program though. Do you just signup to RMX Direct and then you are already in the other networks or do you have to sign up to each CPM ad network first and then get approved and then ad them in RMX.

Also, do you get one check from RMX where all payments from the individual networks are consolidated into one larger check or do you just get individual checks from each network.

Also, using this, does it mean that RMX will take a little percentage of your earnings from each network?
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

Junior Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by john190 View Post
    I still don't quite get this program though. Do you just signup to RMX Direct and then you are already in the other networks or do you have to sign up to each CPM ad network first and then get approved and then ad them in RMX.

Also, do you get one check from RMX where all payments from the individual networks are consolidated into one larger check or do you just get individual checks from each network.

Also, using this, does it mean that RMX will take a little percentage of your earnings from each network?
    Hi John:

1)To sign-up, just go to
    https://direct.rightmedia.com

2)You must apply to each of the 9 networks separately. But you do it from one login. Reporting also is in one place: stats from all your networks.

3)Currently, Right Media does not cut you a check. We have ACH (wire) /PayPal payment options so you get paid from each network in a timely fashion. You can also choose the check option.

4)This is free to website publishers -- you don't pay a thing.

Hope that helps!

Vince Panero -- Community Education Manager
    Direct Media Exchange