Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ValueClick Publishers

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddW View Post
    If they keep their payout the way they are now in a couple years from now it will be exactly the opposite... I've already started dropping FC over hte last couple years for private ads.
    I dropped Valueclick a few months ago, after using them for well over five years. As a publisher it has become too much effort deselecting their dodgy advertisers, or alternatively selecting the huge volume of good advertisers. In its current state there appears to be two distinct groups of advertisers on their network, the small untrustworthy ones that tend to pay low CPM rates and the big brand advertisers paying in CPC... if you run a site where advert quality is required then all they are good for is filling the last level of defaults with CPC ads.

Although, if we experience another internet bubble in advertising then I'm sure I'll start using them again.

Registered
    I've only been a VC publisher for about 2 years but I definitely see a trend. Not only are the CPMs decreasing, but I do see more 'dodgy' ads being accepted.
    (i.e: their current 'Britney exposed' ad, etc)

Registered
    Yep, since FastClick became VCM, the pay rates dropped. I am seeing roughly the same rates as what MaxS is getting.

It use to be double that about 1 or 2 months before it became VCM.
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games