Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Case Studies

Case Studies

I was thinking it might be fun to do some forum case studies. We'd find some people with bad websites in need of some optimizations. There would be a submission process. We'd do a panel of experts out of the publisher's club to do a site review & offer advice (not unlike the Forbes Small Business Makeover articles every month). Then we'd follow up in a few months to see how they are doing and write up an article about it.

Should be some good linkbait I think, and we'd be providing a service. What does everyone think?
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Where can i submit ? Just kidding... sounds like a great idea... forums are one of the hardest to start... i manage to build one and sold it off for financial reasons but the experience was definately worthwhile...

Sounds like a plan. Since I know I wont be on the "panel of experts", maybe I can submit one of my sites for review. lol

Registered
    Sounds great. If this every happens, I'd love to submit one of my websites.

Free consulting? Why not?

Junior Registered

Great Idea

It would be cool to see the ongoing progress....and who couldn't use a little link bait as payment?

Registered
    I think its a great idea. I've found the best way to learn is to try things yourself and see what works and what doesn't, and case studies are as close to that as you can get without actually doing it yourself.

I would say you should let the panel of experts (or even everyone) vote on which site should be done after all the nominations are received.
    ________
    GM FOODS
    Last edited by rpanella; 03-17-2011 at 10:28 AM.

I would love to help out with my short little tidbits and posts that make no sense. I am in.. as long as ToddW isn't allowed to post after me.

Registered
    Good, good, I'm about to lunch a new digital camera site (man, I spent the last 3 months writing tutorials and reviews, my back is killing me...).

But it's completely in Italian, so you guys must learn a new language, and you can thank me later...

No really ... neat idea, I see potential!

Registered
    Sounds great! But why just forums case studies? It would interesting to see that with normal sites or blogs also.

Yeah, it's a nice idea. I'd be willing to help out if my forum could benefit as well. Actually, I kinda know what I need to do with my own forum, but getting involved with something would keep me motivated to actually do it.

But that could be a problem--what if the people didn't take our advice? All of our time could be wasted...

But why not add tips about how to generate traffic and increase revenue as well? I bet that would be an even bigger hit. And of course if someone wants to sell services to SEO/optimize, etc., there's another revenue stream.

This idea goes over well in Revenue magazine. Each issue they do a makeover.

I can imagine anyone would be willing to accept help on their site if it's needed.
    Shawn Kerr .com

I see mildly ill people. AmbulanceBlues's Avatar
    The way I read it, he's referring to case studies about web sites, done in this forum. I don't think it's limited to reviewing forums.

Chris, did I get that right?
    --> --> --> --> --> -->

Yes.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Sounds like a cool idea to me.