Thread: Anyone use PayPal PRO?

Registered

Anyone use PayPal PRO?

Anyone use paypal pro https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...erview-outside

To sell items on their site? It allows you to accept credit cards directly on your site for $20 a month.

Anyone had good or bad experiences with it?

"E Loves The Web"
    Well On My Newest Website Im Using Alertpay.com And 2checkout

It's more or less comparable to a true merchant account and gateway. If you are considering it you should also price out true merchant accounts as they may cost you less and give you more control over your account.
    John Conde :: brainyminds
    Merchant Account Services -- Merchant Services Resources
    IT'S HERE: Integrate the Authorize.net Payment Gateway with PHP
    Everything you need to integrate Authorize.net into your website with PHP. Includes an explanation of how transactions work, validating credit cards, and the source code for free.

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by stymiee View Post
    It's more or less comparable to a true merchant account and gateway. If you are considering it you should also price out true merchant accounts as they may cost you less and give you more control over your account.
    A customer of mine uses Verisign (now paypal) Payflow Pro which is a "true" gateway that works with the eComerce store software. Realistically once you get the gateway/merchant accnt. setup you don't think about them until you have to deal with one for chargeback resolution.

Have you checked google checkout out? I'll be using Google Checkout and PayPal (business not pro) on my new site. I don't think I'm going to setup anything else.

Web Software Creators
    Yes in paypal pro if the customer chooses to pay using credit card option and not using his paypal account, then the customer would never have to leave your website at all.
    Chris, Director, Chrisranjana.com,
    php asp programmers, Our portfolio

Bruce Townsend
    A number of our customers are using it, I can't say I have heard any specific feedback, but I've not heard any complaints.

Registered
    PayPal Pro isn't bad but due to the limitations of our billing system we use Authorize.net

Web Software Creators

paypal pro and php integration

We have installed and integrated paypal pro for a number of our clients and all of them are quite happy
    Chris, Director, Chrisranjana.com,
    php asp programmers, Our portfolio