Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forum Rules, User Groups, and Promotions

I don't see your sig in that thread either way. My bet is that your sig was turned off (or you didn't have a sig) when you made those posts for some odd reason. This isn't something that can be easily changed after the post has been made.

I wouldn't worry about it, nor do I think it was anything intentional on Chris' part.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

Registered
    I don't know why it would show up when I'm logged in Ken ?

I just thought Chris might have made sig's showing up to guest view part of the new benefit for senior user groups is all man.

This is still a major issue, I see Sitepoint traffic going down recently for this very reason, people are not interested in contributing there anymore for nothing!

I see their Marketplace becoming a major flop in the end because of it too!

I do not know why you are seeing sigs for those posts when you are logged in when none of the rest of us are seeing them when we are logged in. Regardless if you aren't seeing the issue on other posts you have made (like in this thread) then it isn't a systemic problem and should be just ignored as a "gee that's kind of odd, but oh well" type of thing.

To be frank, you can not point to the sig issue and say it is the primary cause of a site's decline in traffic. Correlation does not equal causation. IF Sitepoint's traffic is dropping it could be caused by many factors with sigs only being a minor factor.
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

Registered
    I think I have figured out why I'm seeing this Ken, since I have my options set to show the latest posts at the top, when I log out it switches the order around and when I started that thread I did not have a signature.

So it is showing a different order when logged in versus logged out.

PS: I have been watching Sitepoint's traffic, and it is going down due to many factors, one being lack of signatures and fees for the marketplace when webmasters have free marketplaces available. Why should they waste time posting there if everything is pay to play?

Anthony, I'm glad you figured out your sig issue.

In regards to SP's traffic I'd bet that the marketplace fees are the #1 reason for any traffic declines they are seeing. This may in fact be a desired side effect from SP's standpoint. Sometimes, too much traffic is well, too much. The fees help increase revenues and help decrease traffic, which decreases bandwidth expenses.

Hello i am new to all this and dont want to get banned for spamming !

Is ths allowed ?
    Can i ask people to look at my site and give me feed back and ideas at all ?

And if anyone does look at it please bear in mind that i am completely new to website design (if thats what you can call it) so go gently.
    http//:webwander.co.uk

Registered

Trending

Hi guys i dont know where else to place this , so feel free to move it as you want , i came from a forum that used to be quite strict , if you posts didnt add any value or where simple questions that could be googled , it was considered spam and you were warned. With regards to the questions policy they dropped it , so everyone was free to ask questions as they pleased , however soon we had a massive influx of what is css, explain web design , what is wordpress and so goes the list.

Basically on that forum that spam rating went up and the established members stopped bothering and now its reduced to a playground for free signature links and whatever else you want. I see this happening on many forums , i hope you can see my point in this. I know i have not said much but that is what ive been taught about forums dont ask unless you've tried googling it and cannot find the answer , dont speak if you arent adding something new to the op's request.

I hope you guys see what im saying.

I hate seeing forums die they are so valuable in members that know what you need to learn about. unlike social media.