Thread: Realistic Time Taken to Generate Income

Realistic Time Taken to Generate Income

Lets say you had all the experience you had over the years and started fresh out of the blue with no ties to existing sites or existing traffic or anything that gives you that extra edge. You start fresh in a new niche new topic.

How long do you think it would take u to generate 500.00 a month of residual income ?

Do you think its possible withing a month ? or at least a quarter ?

No, not that quick, unless you invest a lot, but then that $500 wouldn't be profit. I wouldn't even worry about earning for 6 months at least. Focus on traffic and building content first.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

4x4
    When I decided I watned to make money online in the end of 2003 I launched a site and by the end of Jan it was generating around $400/month. This was not 100% profit and ti was inthe "`ol days" of adsense too.

I think a month's possible for sure but you better know a LOT about your site, inudstry and work hard every day.

I'm talking about content sites not affiliate marketing/arbitrage/etc.

Website Developer
    Yeah, if you are talking about only content sites with organic SEO traffic then 1-2 months. If you were to include PPC driven traffic, probably 8 hours, $500 a month is only about $16 a day.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Junior Registered

advice

I just started with an affiliate site with the main purpose to generate income though AdSense and affiliate referral income. I indexed to the major search engines about a week ago, and I'm absolutely getting no traffic. The company that did the indexing for me said that it takes up to 2-3 weeks for the bots to grab my site. I'm the type of person who can't site idol for people to just come to my site. Is there something that I can do in the mean time to help generate traffic?

I'm debating wheather or not I should use advertizing programs like AdWords, Yahoo!, or Ask.com for pay per click advertizing because I do not want to pay out more than what I receive per month in revenue. Obviously, I want to make a profit. Please advise if anyone thinks using Pay Per Click advertizing worth it?

In addition, my site is www.bizbloc.com --- Please critique and give any feedback. Jlomb13@yahoo.com. Thanks!!

Website Developer
    I don't know what you mean by a company doing the indexing for you? Sounds like a scam to me.

When it comes to affiliate marketing, you typically want to start sending PPC traffic as soon as possible. The problem you'll have here is the traffic in your niche (business filing) is probably going to be pretty expensive.

I recommend starting a blog. Write at least one post every day. Use technorati.com to find other business blogs. Search for things like "incorporating" "llc" etc. Post good comments and link back to these blogs for trackbacks. This will solve your search engine traffic problem pretty fast. You won't get a lot of traffic, but you will get it and it should be targeted.

Look at popular business magazines like Business 2.0 and write posts that specifically include names of companies featured. Also I would look very closely at entrepreneur success stories. The majority of adult americans want to own their own business, the first step is setting up the legal organization. Many read a story, get inspired and go from there.

In terms of site design, you've got some work to do. Personally, I'd just kill that massive blue header, get rid of those wide Adsense banners, and the Bizfilings banner. Affiliate links should just be text --- "start your business today" and so on. Also, page title tags need to be unique.

You also want a page for every single state for business types, e.g.: Alabama LLC, Alabama C-Corp and so on. This is going to be critical. Besides your blog, you need at least 500 pages of content.

You got a ton of work ahead of you, but its totally do-able. I don't know what those affiliate offers pay, but I think you could make a few thousand dollars a month by the end of the year.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Registered
    How long is a piece of string? In reality, I can't think of a logical answer. There are way too many factors.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxS View Post
    How long is a piece of string? In reality, I can't think of a logical answer. There are way too many factors.
    I totally agree, to many variables to count in, but I think most valuable asset here is experience. If I'd have to do all over again now it would take me much less time to start generating income. Oh, boy, how many mistakes I wouldn't do again