Thread: Adsense and personal sites

Adsense and personal sites

I understand that Adsense doesn't accept personal sites.

What if one has two sites, one of them personal, and one of them some other content based site. If one applied for adsense with the non-personal site and get accepted and then feed the ads to the personal site also. Would it bring some kind of reaction?

Does it mention in in the Terms? If it does, then I wouldn't do it. If, however, it's only about being accepted then it probably wouldn't do any harm. Though, for a personal site, I doubt it would bring in any money anyway. May be best just sticking with your content site.

I'm confused?

Do you only have to tell google about one of your sites to show ads on all of them using the same account?

Registered
    yes, as long as they follow the TOS

Didn't google used to allow personal sites? Or have I dreamt that?
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Seems odd to me; why not accept personal sites? It's not as if it's CPM-based.

Does anyone know, out of curiousity, just what makes for a personal site? I've got a blog site which has a fair number of bells and whistles using AdSense, and I don't know if I'd classify it as a "personal site."

Trench Warfare
    When in doubt, email google. It's better to play it safe.
    ________
    Plymouth Pronto Spyder history
    Last edited by ozgression; 02-06-2011 at 05:03 AM.

The poetry site I run at least qualified as a personal site, and was not accepted. I'm planning, however to add content to it that would make it less personal, so I should be accepted in the future...

Registered
    If you have been told or it says in the TOS that personal sites are not allowed, then it may be best if you don't even bother putting Adsense ads on them.

If you have a content site which you put Adsense ads on and you also put them on your personal site, you should still earn cash from the personal site.

But when payday comes, Google may check your Adsense earnings and traffic, and see that you have been advertising their ads on your personal page as well.

You may then not get paid anything and Adsense may also close your affiliate account altogether!

Personally, I would not try it or less you know that it is allowed.
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

Junior Registered
    Chances are you would not make much money from ads on a personal site anyway. You would not be targeting high paying keywords and you would not be attracting visitors that actaully want to buy anything! So that means no one would click on your ads.

Why not convert your personal site into a "real" site? and maybe have a "family-only" section as a sub-forum with no link from the homepage?

eg
    Code:
    www.stuff.com (for the google ads)

family.stuff.com (sub-forum for your personal stuff)
    Best of luck,

Last edited by jumble; 05-30-2005 at 05:49 AM.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    Personal sites just include stuff like your portfolio, and information about your day. As long as you have more content than that you should be good. If not they'll probably tell you, or you can simply inquire as to whether or not it'd be acceptable.

Junior Registered
    i think your poetry site looks pretty useful and i would have not described it as "personal".

maybe you can re-apply?