Thread: How long does it take for a new site to show on the SERPS?

How long does it take for a new site to show on the SERPS?

I submitted my new site to about 800 directories (the free directory list on directory critic) over the course of three days, paid for some text-link ads and participated on a few game related websites with my signature. I'm wondering how long does it take for it to show up on the search engines? Anything else I should do?

New sites can show up in as little as a few days, however for a more stable listing it usually takes atleast a couple weeks up to 2 months.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    Just directory submission and forum posting will not get you on the top of searchengine what you should concentrate on is to build unique keyword rich content, try to get backlinks from relevant sites.
    Submit your sitemap at Google and all other….
    ATB

Quote Originally Posted by andyf View Post
    Submit your sitemap at Google and all other….
    ATB
    Good suggestion. Submitting your sitemap through Google Webmaster Tools is one the quickest method of alerting google about your new site.

If I can suggest, article marketing is another way of drawing attention on your Web site. That of course and like Andy said, building authoritative content and stealing your competitor's link

Good luck

Registered
    You should also concentrate on On-Page optimization factors, such using your keywords wisely, in title tag, meta tag, alt tag, within your content but don’t make it feel like a spam.

Different SE have different level of keyword tolerance, Google have least so if you are planning to get top here don’t use them blindly while Yahoo have more.

it took me three days.
    Need help improving your tennis game, then visit my Tennis Forums and Tennis Articles

Just a quick Question... My site is up in Google, is it still smart to submit a sitemap thru "google webmaster tools" ??
    And should i use googles sitemap editor?

It would probably be best to send a sitemap. Google has probably only indexed one or two of your pages and you need send a sitemap to show them that there is more to your site.
    Need help improving your tennis game, then visit my Tennis Forums and Tennis Articles

Registered
    If you have a huge site with many deeper pages then goolge may just crawl the pages which are more often updated and may ignore others and if the internal linking structure is not well assembled then some spiders may forget some of internal pages/links, using sitemap you can help spiders by telling them there are deeper pages also for crawling.

Using XML sitemap you have more options to specify so that you can sometime avoid spiders to crawl you site unnecessary when you don’t want them as they may they may eat up your bandwidth.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer77 View Post
    I submitted my new site to about 800 directories (the free directory list on directory critic) over the course of three days, paid for some text-link ads and participated on a few game related websites with my signature. I'm wondering how long does it take for it to show up on the search engines? Anything else I should do?
    hi, where can i find "the free directory list on directory critic".. url pls. i really got to find this 800+ directory