Thread: Seeking Testimonials

Seeking Testimonials

Guys I'm rewriting my guide and when I relaunch it I'd like more testimonials than I currently have.

So, if I, my guide, or this website helped you and you wouldn't mind, could you make a new thread in general chat in the form of a testimonial? Feel free to mention your sites that you were able to build/grow etc.

Thanks.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

I'd be more than happy to provide you with a testimonial, what are you looking for exactly? Your blog always has great information and while threads in your forum are infrequent your forums always have the lowest signal to noise ratio. I'd say most of the best SEO and web publisher stuff I have learned in the past few years has come from you either at SPF or here.

Personally I think you should work on sharing your wisdom on your own site more than sharing it on SPF, but I also understand the importance of "self-promotion" on other forums.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

Oh I'd much rather just share it here, but it is an easy way to get more traffic. I certainly wouldn't do it if SP stopped allowing signature links etc.

John also does a nice job, for which I'm grateful, of linking to relevant articles here from there.

But anyways, I'm just looking for praise I guess. I normally wouldn't solicit such things but I am going to try to do some heavy marketing of the site when it relaunches and so I think having it would be useful.

I don't want fake praise, but if the site has been helpful, just something written up explaining how you've found it helpful would be great.

See the other two testimonials here:

http://www.websitepublisher.net/successful_website/

I'll work on something. You have always been a trusted and respected source of knowledge for me. :tup:

I don't know if you noticed the "do you love SPF?" thread, but I have been lobbying very strongly to get sigs turned back on for guests and SEs. Your comment just proved my point that in order to attract and keep the best minds on a forum a forum operator must provide incentives beyond just "a great community" and that the ability to promote one's self or one's websites is critical.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

I'd be glad to help, too. Chris, you're a no-nonsense kind of guy and give out lots of great information for free. Every time I come to this site I see lots of stuff I want to read. Without the fluff.

Great, just make a thread in general chat and say lots of nice things about me

Registered
    Yes, I;ll leave a testimonial as well - I have been impressed over the years bc you never knew me from anywhere but you still took the time to answer my questions both here and on site point -