Thread: Worst Customer Service Ever

Worst Customer Service Ever

So I was trying to renew a domain on Dotster.com this weekend. Its one of the last domains I had with them, and I couldn't transfer it away for whatever reason (maybe because it is close to expiring).

So I try half a dozen times to renew it this weekend and it keeps failing, the error message I get is "processfailed", not very descriptive. I tried calling but they were closed. So I sent them an email with the reference number for my order.

The idiot who answers my email said that the domain was already registered and so I couldn't also register it.

I sent back and said that it was my domain and I was trying to renew.

This genius then replied that I had to login to my account first to renew it... like I must have not done that?

Seriously, I can't get my remaining domains transferred away from this joke of a company quickly enough.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    Almost enough to drive one back to Network Solutions; their service must be top notch for the prices they charge

Seriously, I am trying to get one away from registerfly and they seem to hide the authorization code that I need to start the transfer to enom.com. Left them a message on the 21st. and again today...

If anyone knows the path to the code I would appreciate it.

Sounds like these domain registrars are as bad as cell phone companies especially when it comes time to change one's phone number to a new company.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

Sorry to hear all of the trouble you're having. If it's any help, I've been with NameCheap for going on two years and they are great! Maybe give them a shot.

Registered
    My problem is I occasionally buy domains from people who have them at odd registrars. My latest is at creativeon.com, whoever they are. Prices are indicated in Rs, whatever that may be

Registered
    The best in the business is Moniker.com, if you have a lot of names they will give you special pricing on your account codes once the account is opened.

Great customer service too, they will assist you in moving your names, they moved all of mine away from an Enom reseller and GoDaddy and Register.com at no extra charge. Even gave them my passwords and they took care of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by deronsizemore
    Sorry to hear all of the trouble you're having. If it's any help, I've been with NameCheap for going on two years and they are great! Maybe give them a shot.
    I'll second NameCheap...
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Its amazing how many registrars make things so difficult for customers. Personally I like Gandi as its nice and simple, it doesn't have all the features of some others but I know I can trust them. Although I'm still taking hot showers to recover from having to signup and pay Network Solutions for a domain as I had no choice, am in the process of transferring it over.