Thread: Posting Services

Registered

Posting Services

I would like to review two posting services on my new forum.

I purchased services from Forum Elves (http://forumelves.com/) and Ideal Posting (http://idealposting.com/). The communication skills of both owners (or whoever my representive was) was nothing spectacular. They all sent short emails and mis-estimated their time, by quite a bit.

Forum Elves was able to deliver a decent product quite fast. They did fail to post very many unique threads, most of them where just replies to my threads.

Ideal Posting is just getting started now and it looks like the same perrson is creating 5 accounts and will do all the posting himself.

If you want a first hand look, check out http://www.vegasjunky.com.

Registered
    PS: Starting a forum with no site is quite tough, so I will probably be buying 50-100 posts a week. I think at this point I will renew with ForumElves and also try a different service. Check back later for more reviews...

ur better off dabbling in ppc i think... at least with your type of site shouldnt be that expensive

Registered
    Thats a good idea, I will give the a shot as well... Either way, the forum needs to look "busier" before people will post. I want to finish a couple more parts of the site before I paid for real visitors.

I just signed up with ForumShock.com.

Registered
    To give you an update, I have used a couple more posting services and my forum is slowly but surely growing.

I have picked a forum service that is by far my favorite -http://forumshock.com/ I bought 1000 post package and although it is taking them some time to complete the posts they do a pretty good job and have nice admin tools.

I also have been using Google Adwords and just signed up for MSN Adcenter. The results have not been very good - but I have only spend about $30-40 so far.

Junior Registered
    Why don't you try ForumBoost? We provide the post package deals at the lowest prices! We beat any other prices, guaranteed.
    Forum Boost
    Let us boost up your forum's rep!
    Get a free-trial today!

Gimme Fries with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveTronix View Post
    To give you an update, I have used a couple more posting services and my forum is slowly but surely growing.

I have picked a forum service that is by far my favorite -http://forumshock.com/ I bought 1000 post package and although it is taking them some time to complete the posts they do a pretty good job and have nice admin tools.

I also have been using Google Adwords and just signed up for MSN Adcenter. The results have not been very good - but I have only spend about $30-40 so far.
    Thanks for the updates. Do keep letting us know how things progress. That Forumshock does look good. I like how they seem to outline everything including the fact that each post will be at least 15 words.

Registered
    Forum Shock is almost done their contract to post. I am getting ready to buy some more and would like to try another service. Forum Shock has not answered any of my emails lately and are about 3-4 weeks behind schedule.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like you're struggling a bit with getting your forum going. Just focus on creating good content and posts for now. People will keep coming back if you give them a reason to come back.
    Last edited by Erin; 01-23-2007 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Testing whether quotes are dynamic.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Sounds like you're struggling a bit with getting your forum going. Just focus on creating good content and posts for now. People will keep coming back if you give them a reason to.
    It is doing fine. Starting a forum takes time. It is growing and traffic is going up regularly. I just want to jump start it.

The reason I am posting updates regularly, is when I first hired posting companies I couldn't find any valid place that reviewed them.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveTronix View Post
    It is doing fine. Starting a forum takes time. It is growing and traffic is going up regularly. I just want to jump start it.

The reason I am posting updates regularly, is when I first hired posting companies I couldn't find any valid place that reviewed them.
    Trust me, we really appreciate your updates. And I like your attitude. A lot of people want to jump into the Internet to start making money right away, but that's really not possible for most people.

Registered
    I am fortunate, I have some existing sites that make money. Plus I have a successful off line business. Internet is hobby. My existing sites have been around a long time and a little bit under developed. The previous years I had been focusing more on offline business (meaning 16 hour days).