Thread: daily web cartoon available

Junior Registered

daily web cartoon available

Need feedback on other options to promote a daily web cartoon I offer. I do have it appearing on many other web sites but always looking at other options. My daily web cartoon is an incentive to keep visitors coming back and can be viewed on my index page at http://www.danscartoons.com and what I currently advertise it's availability as, is:
    Daily web cartoon available for webmasters to include on any web page. The image changes automatically via PHP script at 2am eastern time and all cartoons scheduled, are guaranteed as 100% family-friendly . . . no vulgarity. I'd supply the web designer with a simple image source code to paste into your html & all you do is save the page & publish to your server - voila . . . the cartoon is added & begins it's automatic rotation. For more info, email dan@danscartoons.com for more info and the image source code if you like.
    If anyone has constructive feedback feel free. Thanks ---------------

Gimme Fries with that!
    its not anything that is terribly unique or earth shattering but Dan I really like the comics, its simple and it works. Heck I would probly consider putting it on a couple of my social networking sites.

Junior Registered

cartoons for social networking

Sounds good, Emancipator . . . by all means, contact me directly if you forsee adding my daily web cartoon being an asset to your various webs. My image can easily be inserted..........keep up the great work.............

http://danscartoons.com/cotd/dailycartoon.php

Gimme Fries with that!
    i do have to ask though dan why you are doing an RSS option for your cartoon. I like your concept but the RSS really stands out as an oddball choice. Were you thinking that would be for folks who use rss readers? Or eventually doing more then 1 cartoon per day?

I have a few news sites, some offbeat some mainstream local news I think the cartoon would fit into. My suggestion however is the watermark is a WEE bit to obtrusive. Have you considered putting your copyright on the bottom? When I look at your cartoon before I even get into the cartoon i get sidetracked by the copyright. Follow me? And your free to ignore me as well

Junior Registered

watermark

Hi Emancipator....are you talking about the cartoons I have archived throughout my various catalogs? Or my daily panel: http://danscartoons.com/cotd/dailycartoon.php ? If it's the other images, that is to act as an additional detterent to image theft. Otherwise it's impossible to protect images completely, so a deterrent is the next best option . . . then keeping them in low res besides - etc. If it's the copyright notice on my daily panel, that HAS gotta be there . . . i.e., if an image does get used without my knowledge, at least a URL will prompt a potential inquiry and I can then ask, "where"...As for RSS, I simply wanted to make it compatible to help elevate the site in the SERPS that much more. That, plus the fact I have had inquiries about if they could get my panel via RSS so the next logical step was to make the image available in RSS readers.

Gimme Fries with that!
    I meant the dailycartoon and where the copyright is located. Your copyright should be clear and obvious so folks realize that they cant just take it. To me though it shouldnt be on the top of the cartoon. If it were on the bottom I would use it but in its current location I think the copyright would be the attention item, and not the great comic. See what im saying?

Again its your comic, I am just trying to give some feedback, hopefully somebody other then me will throw in some views lol