Thread: Yahoo Publisher Network

Yahoo Publisher Network

I received an initation to try YPN a while back, so today I went a head and signed up for it. I figure I'm lucky to have gotten an invite, as I see all kinds of people wanting to sign up but are playing the waiting game with Yahoo.

Anyway, since this is my first experience with YPN, I'm wondering if you can edit the code they have you put in your site? Like if I wanted to change the width of the ads or something?

Also, I've got a golf site (which the ads will go on once the site is done). It doesn't really have any golf ads. It just lets you pick a category such as sports, and then I have to pick a sub category either sports apparel or equipment and it just targets sports in general, not golf.

What should I do here?

Registered
    You can't modify the code beyond what they allow when you're doign the innitial ad setup on their site (just like google).

One thing I've noticed about YPN is that the targeting is rather poor. Use the ad targeting tools that they offer, then start blocking irrellivent ads using their blocking tool and eventually you'll get something decent.

Quote Originally Posted by KelliShaver
    You can't modify the code beyond what they allow when you're doign the innitial ad setup on their site (just like google).
    Dang, that stinks! I guess I'll make do.

Quote Originally Posted by KelliShaver
    One thing I've noticed about YPN is that the targeting is rather poor. Use the ad targeting tools that they offer, then start blocking irrellivent ads using their blocking tool and eventually you'll get something decent.
    Thanks. I'll have to play around with those tools and see what I can do. I saw the tool to block irrellivent ads, but I'm not sure how that would work? Like, how do I know what will be displayed before hand so that I can block it?