Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50% Clickthrough Rate on Adsense?

I'd like to share some CTR data with my site www.surviveoutdoors.com, but I just re-read Google's terms and they specifically say:

""Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google;
    Kyle

Gimme Fries with that!
    good post cutter and you have certainly opened my eyes on a true click through rate.

You don't need to obfusicate your site navigation. In the example I gave above (which was pretty close to one of my sites) users are still averaging 6 pageviews a sessions despite the ads being blended in to the content. I wouldn't even consider placement on that site aggressive.

When placing the ads on your site the number one thing to think of is to put them where visitors will *see* them. By just giving them the oppurtunity to read the ads, your are increasing possibilities for clickthroughs. You don't have to slap little icons next to them like those photoshop tutorial sites do or other grey stuff.
    That isn't going to get you 50% CTR though, not by the traditional definition.

I think perhaps this is a semantic issue.

You're saying 50% of total uniques will eventually click on an ad.

I'm talking CTR per page view, the normal CTR definition. The type of CTR listed in the reports of every ad network. I think if you're talking per unique you should preface it and make it UCTR or CTR/U.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Gimme Fries with that!
    does anyone actually put ctr/u in their reports? Cause your right Chris. Has anyone checked to see their ctr/u? anyone near 50%?

Gimme Fries with that!
    Quote Originally Posted by icebane
    I'd like to share some CTR data with my site www.surviveoutdoors.com, but I just re-read Google's terms and they specifically say:

""Google Confidential Information" includes without limitation: (a) all Google software, technology, programming, specifications, materials, guidelines and documentation relating to the Program; (b) click-through rates or other statistics relating to Site performance in the Program provided to You by Google;
    Im not looking for exact ctr's im just curious if anyone gets over 50%. Sorry i did not intend to get anyone to violate the Google TOS.

Not that blue at all Blue Cat Buxton's Avatar
    OK, I have re read Jons post and understand his point about web 2.0.

It was just a little too subtle for me.

You can do all of this stuff that Andrew is talking about without Web 2.0. Of course you can and the poitn Jon was making is that PPC arbitrage is the second coming of the web ie web 2.0

So no indication of tinkering with the ad format.

I just had to post that to make sure I understood his point.