Hello,
I am new to trying to get into the corporate advertising market. I come from a back ground of promoting sites like traffic exchanges and affliate programs. So I know how to drive tons of people to a site. However I do not know which companies are looking for places to advertise online. I emailed some beer companies, Jeep etc. So far no response. Here is what I am trying to offer.

I own a poker community site, the mpp network, we recently launched our stat board. What I am trying to offer is a short 5 second ad. This is how it would work. When a member of my community is logged in and goes to submit a stat. They will be brought to a short ad for like 5 seconds. Then be re-directed to the form to fill out to submit the ad. Once the users submits the stat, it gets places in the master list and in the users personal stat details page, which will be available in the users main profile page soon (hopefully tonite if the programmer finishes). Once someone clicks to goto the details page of that stat, which has a comments section and info not available in the master list, the sponsors ad will remain tagged to that stat forever. In other words, your ad will be on the site forever. So if this stat is a big pot from a cash game or a huge prize won in a tourney, then you will get ALOT of adviews.

Also our network has a ticker which scroll across the top of all of our pages. This ticker randomly displays top stats, random stats and new stats. It also welcomes new members and has a function for message ads via the admin panel. Plus we have other ideas to add in the future, like letting a company sponsor the ticker and so forth. In this ticker when a stat scrolls across the users member name is hyper linked to his/her profile page. The prize/pot won is hyper linked to the details page of this stat. Finally the website/poker room is hyperlinked with our affliate link to that site.

The main problem I am having is I do not want poker related sponsor for ads. Unless it is poker stuff like shirts, hats, etc.

Anyone have any idea what companies might be intrested or is anyone here intrested in some cheap advertising? The main site of our network has climbed to about a 200k alexa ranking and we are getting new members and I haven't even begun to advertise the site yet. Plus the site is averaging alot of page views per user. To be honest I have no idea where this traffic is coming from. I have played poker online for years and all I have done so far is tell a couple people I know from online. Yet we are getting signups everyday.

Thanks for your comments, suggestions etc If you want to communicate privately email me sponsors@mppstats.com
KG