Thread: layer help

Registered

layer help

Hi,

Please look at the site below (it is only a template at moment so please forgive the redness.lol

http://www.geocities.com/k0r54/

ok a couple of things,

firstly, i have put in preload scripts for the buttons but for some reason, the mouse overs are taking a very long time to load the frist time.

and secondly

i have used a table to create a button along the right hand side, first thing is how can i create this effect without a table as i can have no content in it. i have tried layers but have major problem with screen rez and browser compatibility. and second is on my local hard drive when i click on the top buttons, the side image replaces itself with a image i tell it to on the net this dont work y could this be.

please help your self to the source code to perhaps help

thanks

adz

The mouseover images are loading fast for me.

I'm not sure what you're asking on your second question, but you do have a stray unclosed <td> tag on line 80-
    <td height="24">

Registered
    ok thanks for that i have rectified it.

Ok but the problem still persists, ok right the problem is,

there is a line that comes down from the site map button, when a button is click the relevent image should load into it, but no images load, the funny thing is this works when i load it locally on my pc from dreamweaver

Ahhhh there's your problem... You're using dreamweaver! Seriously, you're making this pretty complicated for yourself.

I don't have time at the moment to look into your problem (sorry), but I would really try and simplify your site instead of trying to solve your current problem. Remember: Simple is beautiful. Simple is easy to use. Simple is good for search engines. etc etc

Registered

ok how am i making it complicated, i cant really c wat i am doin as complicated?
    wat is there that is complicated about it?

and when you say dreamweaver is my problem wat exacly do you mean

thanks again

adz

Double-check all your local images are uploaded to the remote server.

This is a long shot, but maybe the Geocities advertisement area is killing your drop-downs.

Past that, I agree with Chromate, don't waste too much energy with this problem, go with a more simplified approach if it's taking too much time.

Registered
    ok

thanks for all your help