Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone heard of auctionyourdomain.name

Has anyone heard of auctionyourdomain.name

I stumbled upon the website http://auctionyourdomain.name/ in an AdSense ad and was wondering if anybody has ever heard of them.

I have several really good domain names that I have been thinking of developing, but might be interested in selling them if the price was right. If people are courious the group of domain names are:

UsedCarExperience.com
    UsedCarExperience.net
    UsedCarExperience.info
    UsedCarExperience.biz
    UsedCarExperience.us
    UsedCarExperiences.com
    UsedCarExperiences.net
    UsedCarExperiences.info
    UsedCarExperiences.biz
    UsedCarExperiences.us

It's a great block of domain names, I just don't know that I could make the most out of these domains with my own content sites. If I'm trying to work with some people to create content for them but I'm not making headway.
    Last edited by KLB; 06-14-2006 at 05:21 PM.
    Ken Barbalace - EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Environmental Careers, Blog)
    InternetSAR.org: Volunteers Assisting Search and Rescue via the Internet
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

No, I haven't heard of them, and with existing big players in the domain reselling field I can't imagine they being very competitive.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Chronic Entrepreneur
    I used to be fairly active in domain name trading, and I've never heard of them either.

I've always had the best luck both buying and selling on www.dnforum.com and www.domainstate.com . If you're just interested in accepting offers while you're sitting on them waiting to develop then parking them at www.sedo.com might be a good bet.

I'll give sedo.com a try and see what happens. I'll keep everyone else posted.
    My Firefox Theme Classic Compact: Based onFirefox's classic theme but uses much less window space

I recommend Sedo if you just want to sit on a name and receive offers from random interested parties (over time).

If you have a great name, that is either unique or some extreme niche where a set value is hard to define, Sedo is best. I know of many times where associates and myself got huge amounts of money for domains you wouldn't think deserve that much.

It's always best to have the potential buyer contact you first with interest.
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by KLB
    I stumbled upon the website http://auctionyourdomain.name/ in an AdSense ad and was wondering if anybody has ever heard of them.

I have several really good domain names that I have been thinking of developing, but might be interested in selling them if the price was right. If people are courious the group of domain names are:

UsedCarExpierence.com
    UsedCarExpierence.info
    UsedCarExpierence.net
    UsedCarExpierence.biz
    UsedCarExpierence.us
    UsedCarExpierences.com
    UsedCarExpierences.info
    UsedCarExpierences.net
    UsedCarExpierences.biz
    UsedCarExpierences.us

It's a great block of domain names, I just don't know that I could make the most out of these domains with my own content sites. If I'm trying to work with some people to create content for them but I'm not making headway.
    Never heard of them either. Afternic.com and GreatDomains.com are two that I know of.

If you don't mind me asking, what makes those domain names "really good"? I'm kinda new to the whole buying and selling of domains, and I've seen some domains that I thought were crap sell for thousands, and others that I thought were very nice, go for nothing more than a reg fee. What makes those special?

In this case UsedCarExpierence.com is very descriptive, has good keywords and would be easy to promote on television, radio, etc. The domain is also reasonably short. The domains as a group are valuable because they help create a buffer against cybersquating for the main domain.

One of the biggest mistakes I have made was not snapping up a common misspelling for my domain EnvironmentalChemistry.com when I registered that domain. As a result I have a cybersquater who capitalizes off of users who mistype my domain name.

I got ya.

I also didn't even notice that "experience" was misspelled. :-)

I didn't notice they were misspelled either...

Do you have the proper spellings KLB?
    Kyle

Yes I have the proper spellings, I just mistyped them here. I have corrected the spellings in my earlier post.

I think its a great bunch of domains to have.
    Treat it as an investment.

I wouldn't sweat holding onto the .us, .biz, or .info when you already have the com/net/org. It's your choice of course, but if you hold onto them for 3 years before you sell them, it just increases the cost to you.
    Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by icebane
    I think its a great bunch of domains to have.
    Treat it as an investment.

I wouldn't sweat holding onto the .us, .biz, or .info when you already have the com/net/org. It's your choice of course, but if you hold onto them for 3 years before you sell them, it just increases the cost to you.
    Well since sedo.com offers domain parking that shares in the ad revenues, I suspect I'll be able to recoup my annual registration fees so even if I do have to sit on them for a few years it won't cost me anything.

The only thing is I'm not positive how much I should be asking for for this group of domains. I know in the proper hands they could be turned into a very profitable website.

They receive type-in traffic?
    Kyle

I have no idea if they get type in traffic, they've been parked since last year. My plan is to create a webpage on one of my sites as one of my coming projects but also offering to sell them if the price is right and then to link to them. I'll do the same from one of my forums. This will create some backlinks to them and get them a little PR over the next several months. If nothing else this will help them age a little so that my plans for them takes off faster once I get around to getting it completed.
    Last edited by KLB; 06-15-2006 at 05:55 AM.

For those intersted in seeing what a Sedo parked domain looks like go to: http://usedcarexperiences.com/

If you take a look at the "buy this domain" link you will also notice that they give you the ability to customize the buy this domain page. This is really pretty slick. Once you get used to doing it, it only takes about five minutes to set up an individual domain and you can upload your domain list via an XLS file. So far I've reparked about fourty domains with them.