Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when do you submit to google ?

It's quite easy to get your site crawled very quickly just using the "addurl" daily. A temporary ranking will normally follow very shortly after that (1 to 2 weeks) but the final ranking seems to only be awarded a few weeks after that. Then of course the all important PR and backlink update could take even longer.

In my experience the whole process does take about 4 to 6 weeks. I think the PR is the important thing, because whilst you have a PR of 0 people are reluctant to link to your site. So I would say, submit as soon as possible just to get that first bit of PR so you don't have any hold up in getting more backlinks.

I don't think people will be reluctant to link to you, as in many circumstances people don't know about SEO.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

I have experienced a lot of reluctance. I've had a number of possible link partners actually say that they don't link to PR0 sites. Thankfully now, after that last update, I actually have some PR. Getting backlinks is now so much easier. I'm targeting a relatively competitive field though, so the high PR sites are obviously aware of the SEO aspects.

i managed to get spidered in 1 or 2 days and i already recieved hits from google in about 3 days

Originally posted by chromate
    I have experienced a lot of reluctance. I've had a number of possible link partners actually say that they don't link to PR0 sites. Thankfully now, after that last update, I actually have some PR. Getting backlinks is now so much easier. I'm targeting a relatively competitive field though, so the high PR sites are obviously aware of the SEO aspects.
    Most of the time, people don't reply to my link requests

Really I think it depends on what topic it is. If it's a webmaster site then I'd have thought that they'd be aware of SEO aspects. Another topic, maybe not. Then again, it might not work like that.

I think looking at the structure of the site may help you decide weather they would exchange links.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

I just make enough sites that I can link them together.... Nobody wants to link anybody anymore....

Originally posted by bugsy
    3-4 weeks???? I've gotten a new site completely spidered in less than a week. I think google is now constantly "freshening" up their content.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?
    I was also thinking along the same lines. I've seen new pages spidered in less than a week aswell, even a couple of days.
    I run good-tutorials.com.

It's how I roll.