Thread: 2 popunders?

Registered

2 popunders?

Hi Chris,

I noticed that on one of your sites, can't remember which one, you are allowing 2 popunders. I am currently using 1 popunder for my site.

I was just wondering if opening 2 will annoy the crap out of your visitors ??

Thanks

Dolphin

Some popunders I use are like newsletter advertisements, they only show up once, ever, and then never again.

Though I do run both fastclick and tribalfusion pops on some sites and if both are seen at the same time then they'll never be seen again since those are daily.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Registered
    Thanks Chris,

I've give it ago then, my fastclick banners are also daily ones. I just hope my visitors dont start complaing :S

Cheers

Dolphin

I've had visitors complain about a banner ad, some people think the web should be ad free, mainly people who do not get web hosting bills. Pop unders still pay the bills.

Registered
    The only way to know if 2 popups are getting on your visitors wick is to keep an eye on your sites statistics. If they drop then you know why!

My experience with popups are negative. I can't stand them keep popping up ever time I visit a new site.

I believe that popups just downgrades a site that uses them, especially popup farms!
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

If the site had good content popunders are good... But popups are bad unless your site is the only place they can go for the information they are looking for.

I wouldn't say popups are bad if there are other sites on your topic. I would say they're bad if you have fussy members and not much content.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

I get annoyed when they are on category pages. I'm fine with them on content pages.