Thread: best application for designing icons?

best application for designing icons?

I need some icons and I figured rather than searching the web for the ones I need, I'd just make them. What are some good applications for designing them? I know Microangelo used to be good, but havn't used it forever.

I've used Iconforge before, it's pretty good. It's been a while though...

I use photoshop with an icon maker plugin.

Junior Registered
    adobe illustrator is a good program to make logos and icons etc

Registered
    Where can I get a icon maker plugin for Photoshop? Is this available online at Adobe website for download?
    Thanks,
    Shop and Save with FREE App My Shopping Genie Review | Make Money with My Shopping Genie Home Business

Registered
    Adobe Illustrator is brilliant for icons... You can create them on there or download a Brush or symbol of the net. I try and use them as often as possible.

Registered
    I think photoshop will be the best choice with some FREE icon export plug-in. You can search free icon pluging for photoshop on google.

Registered

Smile

You can use Illustrator or Corel Draw for making an ICON. Its a Good software for making Logos & ICON !!!!!!!!

If you want make your own icon, the best and recommended application for image editing and making a logo is Adobe Photoshop CS3.
    Last edited by Lolito; 05-22-2009 at 05:12 AM.

Registered

IcoFX

The best solution I've found on a PC is IcoFX. It's a free little program that handles just about every aspect of icon editing, with a special editor that shows the icon large so you can change every pixel. It allows different resolutions and has the necessary tools to build the icons you need. Give it a shot. I use it for all my icon needs and it works flawlessly. Sorry if you have a Mac, cause this is PC ONLY!

Junior Registered
    mm i would say adobe photoshop is the nice way to make icon designing ..i always use this to make icon designing

Banned
    I don't have any idea about the best application for designing icons. In fact, there are lots of applications that you can use.

Try this site. http://iconfactory.com/software/iconbuilder

I hope this help you find one that's better than what you've used before.

Registered
    I only know photoshop. but i don't know what the best for do it. we must make poll.

Junior Registered
    I have been using axialis icon workshop for quite a while now and I am really satisfied with what I am getting. It is very easy to use and there are a lot of options you could use.

It also has a plugin for photo shop and another software, which I can't recall at the moment.

You can create 256x256 icons for windows and 512x512 for Mac with relative ease. Though the design factor of it would still be made by the user.

Junior Registered
    Icon forge icon editing tool is easy and it's UI is simple to understand.