Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monetizing Junk traffic

Registered

Monetizing Junk traffic

Hi. I've mainly been a lurker up to this point, but this forum has helped me out a LOT.

Recently, my traffic has jumped way up, thanks a lot to some of the tips in this forum. My "problem" is that I think I have done the search engine optimization almost too well and I am getting a lot of what I would consider "junk" traffic. Although, definitely all traffic is good, these are people looking for Michael Jackson mug shots, Paris Hilton sex tapes and naked Wal-Mart chicks. This isn't really the focus of our site, just things we have commented on. This traffic doesn't stick around at all.

So I'm wondering, what is the best way to make money off of some of this traffic wihout alienating the good regular core audience that I am building for this site.

The site is http://www.cinemaeye.com.

Basically, my traffic was around 500 - 600 unique visitors a day with about 3,000 page views. That is up from zero in August, so it's been a nice steady growth.

Now, this week it is up to about 6,000 visitors a day with around 10,000 page views.

My Adsense is worthless, making me less than a dollar a day. So, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Christopher

I am not sure of the best way to do it, but if adsense is making you less than a dollar with 6,000 uniques, it is not working right.

I would proboally exchange it with a ad network that servers 120x600 ads and pays by the thoasand...

Popups?
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Popunders from a place like fastclick could definitely bring in some money.
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Brinkster?

Edit: I meant Burst
    Last edited by incka; 11-23-2003 at 04:17 AM.

Perhaps you should make some pages for these that arnt linked to from the rest of your site, and fill them with SEO for these terms and thousands of popups... It works for music lyrics sites.

Do popunders pay more than popups? I've never actually known.
    Don't you just love free internet games ?

Registered
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to set up something with fastclick for popunders.

Any ideas for something to replace Adsense with? Or a better way to implement adsense? I read somewhere that the skyscrapers were better, but it doesn't seem to be doing much at all.

Burst possibly...

Trench Warfare
    Originally posted by cinemaeye
    I read somewhere that the skyscrapers were better, but it doesn't seem to be doing much at all.
    Try adsense leaderboard ads. They get higher clickthru ratios (generally).

Also, have a look into http://www.tribalfusion.com

cheers...
    ________
    marijuana dispensary
    Last edited by ozgression; 02-06-2011 at 04:56 AM.

I wouldn't bother with adsense. Firstly, the cost per click will be pretty low for your kind of site. Secondly, adsense is no good with junk traffic, because no one will click anyway.

I would exploit what fastclick has to offer for now. You should at least pull in $8 per day with 10,000 page views.

Registered
    Making less than 1 dollar a day with 10,000 page views, using Adsense. I thought my earnings were bad with Adsense as they have slowly been declining, but after seeing how much you make, I should be lucky that my earnings from Adsense are not that low.
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games

What makes you think my earnings with adsense are that bad? They've actually been extremely good. Without giving away any accurate amounts, by "extremely good" I mean in the multiples of 3 figures, so far this month.

Registered
    Hi Chromate,

I was not actually referring to your earnings. May earnings with Adsense are also good, but not as good as the previous month at the moment.

I was actually refering to
    cinemaeye first post.

My Adsense is worthless, making me less than a dollar a day. So, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I'm just glad that my earnings from Adsense are not as low as what cinemaeye's are.
    Affiliate Programs Directory - Over 2,000 Programs - Contextual Ads, Datafeeds, 2-tier, plus more
    -----> 140+ CPA Affiliate Networks | Earn upto $1.20 CPM on Banners | Play Online Games