Thread: Tips On Pumping Out Sites

Tips On Pumping Out Sites

So its 1 am in good old Toronto, Canada, and i am nearly done studying for my aerodynamics exam. So for the next 4 months i will have 100% time to devote to my one hobby site. However, i decided on using the machine gun approah and hopefully will start pumping out sites, i figure i can only do at max 5 decent sites (sites with some content) over the course of the 4 months. So anyone got any tips on how to plan, how to keep focus..etc?
    thnx

I am almost finished a 2 week holiday and have pumped out 0 sites. The hardest part is getting a good topic/niche I love writing and I am looking foward to getting downa and writing great big long articles on my topic. the problem is that i don't have a topic. I have been close to deciding but there are either waay too many sites under that topic or hardly any search results. So get a good list now and start narrowing it down.

Spend 2 weeks on planning should save you alot of time in the longrun.. I carry index cards and a notebook wherever i go and i write down ideas and notes on anything that comes in my head.

I'm like s2kinteg916, I carry a notepad and a pen everwheres I go and am constantly looking for new ideas. When I originally became a publisher I was churning out the same site as everyone else and they did ok, but nowhere near what I want. Now the sites I put out are on some pretty strange topics but they are making decent amounts of money.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by aeroguy
    So its 1 am in good old Toronto, Canada, and i am nearly done studying for my aerodynamics exam. So for the next 4 months i will have 100% time to devote to my one hobby site. However, i decided on using the machine gun approah and hopefully will start pumping out sites, i figure i can only do at max 5 decent sites (sites with some content) over the course of the 4 months. So anyone got any tips on how to plan, how to keep focus..etc?
    thnx
    4 months, are you creating 5 revolutionary different sites on a custom CMS or something? 5 sites in 4 months is hardly a machine gun approach.

Mook-Jon recently published an excellent article in wich he outlines the steps to produce content sites:
    http://www.aojon.com/applying-the-ki...your-projects/

I found it very useful

Another new technique i do is i plan my websites to the latest detail before i even begin. We are talking from domain name all the way to revenue, traffic, sponsorships ideas, and so on... So by the time im ready to build the site its a matter of execution rather than creativity.

Hope that helps..

I do 5 sites in about 3 days. Then get my guy to write content/find content. Very fast and efficent.
    Last edited by michael_gersitz; 04-28-2006 at 01:45 PM.

I also carry a notebook, I have all sorts of good ideas. Just none of them are good enough for me to commit to.

It all depends how much it costs you to make each website. If you are going to be paying for hosting and domain name for an individual site, it should be a big decision. When a site only costs you money for a domain name, then you can build sites on the fly with less planning.