Thread: FeedBurner Discussion / Tips.

Gimme Fries with that!

FeedBurner Discussion / Tips.

I just discovered it today while reading a blog. Hoping that people with experience with it including Linda will give some feedback.

I just started using it and the setup is truly fantastic. Looks like a great tool for heavy content sites like mine. Any tips and or pointers?

Chronic Entrepreneur
    I haven't used it, but earlier today I saw what you've set up on your site and I'm now very interested in trying it out. Do you have any stats on how many people are using your site's feed?

Registered
    Feedburner is great. I just it up on my blogs and added a WordPress plugin that redirects users to Feedburner. I haven't had many readers, but yesterday, one of my blogs The TV Remote peaked with 10 subscribers. I know its not alot, but its a high for me and I'm excited.

Gimme Fries with that!
    Hey westech.... im surprised you got off the beach bud :P I have just literally set it up so its a bit early to give any stats in about a week ask me on MSN and I should have some. I liked it since it was a super easy way to have conforming formats for the most popular readers. I am adding the service to my 3 primary content sites to see how it does.

Tony thanks for the feedback and you are right 10 is great when you are starting at 0. Please do keep me posted on how it improves.

Could you describe the benefits and the service to a greater degree?
    Chris Beasley - My Guide to Building a Successful Website[size=1]
    Content Sites: ABCDFGHIJKLMNOP|Forums: ABCD EF|Ecommerce: Swords Knives

Gimme Fries with that!
    basically i just input my xml feed and it formats it into the various formats that the most popular readers use and also pings the various major rss services to let them know when your rss is updated. Also has features like email people. It has full stats on the rss, who has used it, what browser, etc. Its very elaborate and I just started using it.

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator
    Hey westech.... im surprised you got off the beach bud :P
    Yep, I'm back! Got a nice little sunburn too.

What caught my eye about feedburner was that it lets you set up little buttons on your site for "add to my google" "add to my yahoo" "add to my msn" etc. When a user clicks on them your latest feeds start showing up on that page for them.

I went through the process a few times to check it out and it's so quick and seamless that there's no way that most users could get confused and screw it up. On the downside, now I have crappy moviesonline.ca headlines on my google page!
    Last edited by Westech; 04-07-2006 at 07:31 AM.

Gimme Fries with that!
    haha crappy my ***! you know your gonna read it every 4minutes. Which is about how often I update :P. I like the fact its idiot proof. The buttons I am making myself and its taking a bit of time to get em done.

Its a very slick service to setup and use and in about 30 days or so we will see if I still think that way

Gimme Fries with that!
    Hey john did you add me using your mobile? Just asking since the stats show 1 guy using mobile firmware :P

Chronic Entrepreneur
    Nope, not me. It's pretty cool that the tracking's that detailed!

Gimme Fries with that!
    yeah it is. We will see what it does for my repeat readership in about 30days or so.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    On the downside, now I have crappy moviesonline.ca headlines on my google page!
    Hahahahaha

It's also a cool little tool, because people can go to, say http://feeds.feedburner.com/toolazytoblog and just add that page, and it will automatically detect the program they're using.

Registered
    Yeah, feedburner is a nice way to standardize your RSS. No muss, no fuss and plenty of options. I am interested to hear from anyone who uses their premium stats service.