Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inability to sleep?

Inability to sleep?

Does anyone else have an unbelievably hard time falling asleep at night simply because you have so many ideas running through your head you simply can't? It's actually quite annoying especially since chances are I wont' remember what I came up.

Yeah - I find listening to music in bed helps neutralise my thoughts a bit, or work as long as I can until I'm just mentally exhausted (which isn't difficult these last few months!).
    Stepping On Wires - the new blog

Sometimes yes - maybe try reading a book to divert your mind?

Website Developer
    I have the problem that when I go to bed, I don't really want to be laying there and when I wake up I really don't want to get out of bed. The good solution for this is to be really tired when you go to bed, and don't go from working straight to bed; do something in between.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

Yes I watch TV after working to relax my thoughts and then I also listen to TV while I fall asleep. If I think about stuff i will never fall asleep.

I'll just watch TV until I'm tired enough to fall asleep. There are nights where I lay there and keep myself awake because I have too much on my mind, but I find a little TV solves that problem.

I'm the oogie boogie man! James's Avatar
    I'm too tired at 5:00 in the morning to think.

Site Contributor
    V for Vendetta was one of the best movies I've ever seen. My wife agrees.

Go Gray Charles! CreationNation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender963
    Does anyone else have an unbelievably hard time falling asleep at night simply because you have so many ideas running through your head you simply can't? It's actually quite annoying especially since chances are I wont' remember what I came up.
    Ab-so-lutely! I actually get headaches sometimes there's so many ideas running around up there. Many times I've actually had an idea right as I go to bed and have to run downstairs and jot it down so I don't forget.

Now...just to find a way to get all these ideas COMPLETED.

V for Vendetta was one of the best movies I've ever seen. My wife agrees.
    I thought it was a bit long and roughly written at parts, and at times the writing of the Matrix guys and Hugo Weaving sort of made it sound a little too Matrix-esqe, but when it was in the good parts (quite a bit of it) it was really good and pulled the movie right up.
    And hell, who doesn't love that Guy Fawkes mask?

Guys: something that really works for me, is having a pencil and paper on the floor beside my bed (I don't have a bedside table or anything; my room is very unfurnished--just a bed, alarm clock on the floor, and this notepad/paper). I can just jump out of bed, flip on the light, and jot it down before it vacates my mind.

Whatever you do, don't take pills
    Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it

Yeah, I know a few people that can't sleep without them because they've taken sleeping pills in the past.

Website Developer
    Almost 4am here, bed time is coming soon Lately I haven't had the problem of too many ideas, but instead I get anxious while waiting for things to happen.

I liked V for Vendetta. I did find it disturbing that there was some journalists claimed to be offended because it supports terrorism. I've never heard anyone call the assasination attempts on Hitler terrorism, or say that the good guys in Logan's Run were terrorists for causing the destruction of the underground place they were living in. Suddenly it makes you think that may be 1984 or Fahrenheit 451 wasn't so unbelievable after all.
    Make more money - Read my Web Publishing Blog

4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    Yeah, I know a few people that can't sleep without them because they've taken sleeping pills in the past.
    I took benedryl for a year or so, started with 1 or 2 and was up to 4 or 5 when I decided to stop. They are non-habit forming but you get the feeling in your head you wont be able to sleep without them but not like "MUST HAVE". I take them when camping still or other loudplaces. I`m a LIGHT sleeper and used them to sleep-in longer moreso than to fall asleep really.

I stopped taking them one day, and took it on/off a while... no withdrawls, nothign strange... just decided NOT to take them.

I would suggest them since I stopped so easily and they aren't "BAD" like other type of sleeping meds.

But yeah, I normaly work until I`m falling asleep then I go pass out. This helps me sleep in, and goto sleep faster! But lately I`ve had a lot on my mind so 15min then sleep :-/

Site Contributor
    You could always get a wife. That solves your inability to sleep problem.